GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How much have you spent on performance parts

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Well, what I've spent, and what the parts I've put in are worth are 2 different stories. If I totaled up all the parts at full retail price I'm right around $90k including purchase price of the car.

I've also added up what's left to do and that's around $20k.

That's also spread out over a 9 year period now. After my.kid and getting married the ammount of money going into the car dropped drastically.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
I don't like to think about it. Including consumables like tires? It was $10-$12k a few years ago. After my build I'm trying to start, I'll be in past $15k. I guess in 10 years that's not too bad. Not like Terry or Carson. :lol: Or Jay (didn't realize you were a moderator).

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Wife and two kids, mortgage too. Most of the mods took place before the kids and mortgage, mostly lack of time keeps me away.

Looking forward to spending my retirement in a pimped out garage wrenching on toys in 30 years or so.

5aprilc

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
Looking forward to spending my retirement in a pimped out garage wrenching on toys in 30 years or so.[/QUOTE]

We could all be lucky to be spending our time doing this.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
My OEM+ build wasn't anything extravagant and probably totaled maybe $800 (DG springs, new struts and shocks, head unit, intake, dogbone mount insert, other stuff I'm probably forgetting).

Complete cost of ownership over 8 years for the mods above, regular maintenance, consumables, and repairs was $9,775.69. I have a fairly detailed spreadsheet haha.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
I don't like to think about it. Including consumables like tires? It was $10-$12k a few years ago. After my build I'm trying to start, I'll be in past $15k. I guess in 10 years that's not too bad. Not like Terry or Carson. :lol: Or Jay (didn't realize you were a moderator).

What build are you starting? Oh dang, Seen your username but never put two and two together to realize who this was. Hey I know you :lol:

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
What build are you starting? Oh dang, Seen your username but never put two and two together to realize who this was. Hey I know you :lol:

Hahaha yep! I need a different transmission since the one I ended up with is for a TDI (super tall gearing).

clownish

just clowning around
Car(s)
VWs
Mk5 is only around 4.5k in parts plus maintenance.

Mk6 is over 15k in parts and consumables in 3 years. I have purposely not gone back and added but i do have a detailed record of everything. Tires are expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
No comment.

clockwise33

New York Giants Fanatic
Funny, I was just thinking about this the other day.

I figure I'm at about $6500 not including maintenance and consumables.

I have bought most of my performance parts used. APR downpipe and 034 mounts were bought on this forum. K04, S3 injectors and DV relocate parts were bought from a salvage yard. IE HPFP Rebuild kit, BBS COs, DG springs, Sachs/Eibach Shocks, and Sachs RE clutch were bought new. APR SI, SII, SII+, K04 software combine for $1000.

I have installed every single performance upgrade on the car myself. To me, its half the fun.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
My first generation of mods for this car which were extensive was probably 14K that was K04 water meth, suspension mods, R brakes and BBS wheels, Audi TT seats. I am in the middle of refreshing and upgrading the car with EFR7163 and new Aquamist, new forged motor, Brembo brakes, new MFact coilovers, all the Unibraces, 034 billet mounts, 034 sphericals for rear trailing and control arms, tubular front control arms with sphericals, Recaro Speedseats, roll bar, flared fender, custom 3piece 18x10 wheels with Sport Cup 2 tires, LSD, trans cooler, new DSG clutches. and more... I will probably have around 25K into this effort, doing all at once and will tally once done. Replacing every hose, connector, sensor, radiator, radiator fans, air cond compressor, alternator, starter etc.

Merry Christmas guys and gals - hope Santa was good to you, gotta go carve and help in the kitchen.

beauy46

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2009 TR GTI
$11874

:( worth way more than my KBB value LOL