Car(s)
2009 GTI
when youre sober reformulate the ?

nicksalsbury

SlamBurgled...
Car(s)
VWGTI MKV
when youre sober reformulate the ?

It i get them and plug them in will they function (i know they wont do everything like rear fog) but will they do break lights and back up lights and just normal shit... im sober btw i think u are just confused and/or know nothing about the OEM LEDs

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
I think on a US car they won't work without recoding. You'll need to adapt for amber indicators (so not brake light function), and fog/reverse lights.

I don't think they'll break if you just plug them in (it's only signal strength, but be careful anyway) but they definitely won't work right.

phil

becausephilchow
Car(s)
2009 VW R32
They work.

Just, they'll be really odd. When I got mine in, I could drive around with them, but you wont have ambers, the signals will be blinking form the wrong LEDs, etc.

I had to drive around with them like that for a day, not long, because I was waiting for my buddy with VAG-COM.

That being said, I had another buddy's who's LEDs kept turning off at night, even when the lights were on when they weren't wired and vagged properly, so i'm not sure really.

nicksalsbury

SlamBurgled...
Car(s)
VWGTI MKV
They work.

Just, they'll be really odd. When I got mine in, I could drive around with them, but you wont have ambers, the signals will be blinking form the wrong LEDs, etc.

I had to drive around with them like that for a day, not long, because I was waiting for my buddy with VAG-COM.

That being said, I had another buddy's who's LEDs kept turning off at night, even when the lights were on when they weren't wired and vagged properly, so i'm not sure really.

was hoping someone who knew what they were talking about chimed in :thumbsup:

You think u could link me to a good DIY you know of iv been looking but cant find anything yet...

besides VAG-COM u need to splice wires right?

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
was hoping someone who knew what they were talking about chimed in :thumbsup:

You think u could link me to a good DIY you know of iv been looking but cant find anything yet...

besides VAG-COM u need to splice wires right?

i can walk you through it if you need me to. I just finished wiring mine in. When in plugged them in before i wired it up, they would work normally until i started moving. then the running lights would turn off. (found out after i got pulled over for no taillights)

nicksalsbury

SlamBurgled...
Car(s)
VWGTI MKV
i can walk you through it if you need me to. I just finished wiring mine in. When in plugged them in before i wired it up, they would work normally until i started moving. then the running lights would turn off. (found out after i got pulled over for no taillights)

HAHA i will definitely let you know if i need the help if i end up going with them...

have a pic of urs / do u like them?

Vortec4800

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
So hot. I think that will be my next mod.

Has anyone yanked out the rear fog? Is it very difficult to get out and all back together while keeping the light looking nice? Can I buy just the left hatch light without the fog from somewhere?

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
So hot. I think that will be my next mod.

Has anyone yanked out the rear fog? Is it very difficult to get out and all back together while keeping the light looking nice? Can I buy just the left hatch light without the fog from somewhere?

i got the lens for the rear fog out. Wasnt easy. i wedged 3 hunting knives behind the taps to pop it out. pretty dangerous way to do it

Vortec4800

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
i got the lens for the rear fog out. Wasnt easy. i wedged 3 hunting knives behind the taps to pop it out. pretty dangerous way to do it

Hah damn, and you didn't crack the lens? Is the red fog lens attached to anything in there? Is the normal clear reverse lens behind it when you take it out?

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Hah damn, and you didn't crack the lens? Is the red fog lens attached to anything in there? Is the normal clear reverse lens behind it when you take it out?

its just held in with 3 wedge shaped tabs. pull them back and the fog lens comes out. its just the round red piece held in from the back

Vortec4800

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
Hmm, I'm sure it would make more sense holding it, but are there any pics/diys anywhere showing how to get it out?