GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Blown something....?

Lou_Y2mK5

Go Kart Champion
So I'm on 417 heading south. Some dodge ram hemi pulls up right on my ass. I move to the right lane. He punches it. So do I. . . needless to say I'm now several bus lengths ahead of him. At 120mph I get what I felt was a fuel cut. I thought to myself. NO WAY! Never happened since the upgraded pump. Then it gets worse. The car just starts to slow down and I get no more boost. slowing down. . . slowing down. . .CEL goes on. Popping sound coming from the exhaust as I try to throttle up.

I turn around and head back home towards 434. Car accelerates but at the slightest touch of the throttle. If I give too much the car goes into vacuum and actually slows down.

I ordered a vag com yesterday so I will get the code soon. I hope it's nothing too serious.

Anyone got experience with this issue? Me thinks it's the PCV? Can't be the dv as the factory dv is capped off. Doubt the forge dv is blown.

staulkor

V-Dubber
Car(s)
VW GTI MkV Fahrenhei
hmm....interesting. Sounds like a fuel cut at first since you have no boost and such, but yea, much more serious since the cel came on. Hope you get your VAG asap or know somebody who has one!

njohanss

Ready to race!
i blew my pcv and i only noticed a drop in boost and no cel came on..from what you are describing it sounds like something else. when you vag let us know what you find. good luck

placencia107

Ready to race!
I can only think that it has something to do with your DV setup somewhere. You may have lost a hose or something has come loose. Check all of you connections again just to make sure. Also check your PCV. I am sure that has a little to do with it.

randy...ryan

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI 07
some of our boost hoses are weak.. just check it.. my first boost leak is some what similier to your story.. hope you can fix your ride soon.. and go back on the road..

Lou_Y2mK5

Go Kart Champion
Okay, I don't like the looks of this. . . The hose always looked off like that but never seen so much oil there. (Definatly need to look into a catch can solution!)

Damn Eurojet hoses did not fit right so I had to hack it up to fit. I think I cut too much. I will have to get a new hose.

I checked all other connections and all is good.

Someone else advised me that my autotech pump may have seized causing the car to go into limp mode. Need to get that fault code asap to determine.

Attachments

• Leaks (2).JPG
    Leaks (2).JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 936
  • Leaks (1).JPG
    Leaks (1).JPG
    180.1 KB · Views: 941
  • Leaks.JPG
    Leaks.JPG
    129.8 KB · Views: 936

2zzge

Banned
Car(s)
GTI
Someone else advised me that my autotech pump may have seized causing the car to go into limp mode. Need to get that fault code asap to determine.

interesting....consider the source. ;)

doctorgonzo

Anti-spin doctor
I had the exact same thing happen and it was a clogged fuel filter. Wouldn't boost past 0 PSI, no power, etc.

Hope/pray it's something as simple as a clogged fuel filter!

Gonzo