GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rabbit to Gti Front conversion DIY (w/ pics)

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
One question... what will you do when the Golf R comes to our shores?

BTW, nice job!

shelbzz

meh.
Car(s)
MK5 Rabbit
nothing >.< haha i got a long ways till i can get rid of my wabbit plus golf r will be $$$$$$. & thank you!

mlowmk5

nothing rhymes w/ orange
Car(s)
2 dr CW
I swapped my rabbit front end also. How did you get your impact foam to fit? I had to trim mine but it didn't look like you trimmed yours?

Iv'e done a hand full of front end swaps for rabbits and had to trim the foam every time.

Here is a pic what it looked like when I had it.

Last edited:

bigg

tastylicious golf owner
heres the finished product of my conversion with badge-less GT grills.

about the foam i just took it out completely

IMAG0047small.jpg

C&C Welcome

shelbzz

meh.
Car(s)
MK5 Rabbit
i kept the foam in, didn't trim it at all. the only thing i trimmed was the actual bumper behind the shield.

Minez:

Last edited:

Lucky_Rabbit

Kilt wearin' bastard
Car(s)
my rabbit
SWEET!!! Now I need to find a GTI / Jetta bumper. Great write up!

inimicus

Damn!

one of the workshop i checked with here in Singapore told me that i have to change the whole bumper in order for me to change the grille!

I even sent them your thread for reference but somehow they told me that you changed your bumper as well?

Hmm..i actually have the same car as yours...every bit down to the colour.

definitely! jetta/gli/gti/gt grills all fit.

mlowmk5

nothing rhymes w/ orange
Car(s)
2 dr CW
She did change her entire bumper?

Damn!

one of the workshop i checked with here in Singapore told me that i have to change the whole bumper in order for me to change the grille!

I even sent them your thread for reference but somehow they told me that you changed your bumper as well?

shelbzz

meh.
Car(s)
MK5 Rabbit
Damn!

you do need to change the whole front bumper...you need a gt/jetta/gli front bumper. It is COMPLETELY different from your current bumper. then once you have that new bumper you can interchange the grills on it with jetta/gli/gti/gt grills.

Rollback50k

Yeshhhhhhhhh
has anyone else done this yet? post pics!

yelpp, thanks to your awesome DIY i was able to put it on tonight :) I was so tempted to cut the bumper but was unsure if it would fit after, but then i was linked to this thread and got me thinking positive :thumbsup:

Before

After :)

Gotta get a set of fog lamps and one of the headlamp washer caps, do they make them so i don't have to run the washers? I have the washers but im not sure if i really want them or not.