do you like these?

• yea!

Votes: 81 53.3%
  • nah!

Votes: 71 46.7%

• Total voters

kimchi29

Go Kart Champion
Whoever bought these is out of their mind...

i guess i'm out of my mind. lol well not yet anyways. I will be ordering these though. I HATE how the dsg paddles feel. i got to play around with one of these when i picked up my osir lip from zzsport and let me tell you, the quality is TOP NOTCH. i can't wait to get these.

RedRobin

Going With The Flow....
Car(s)
Throbbin' Red VeeDub

I've had mine on for at least 1,000 miles now and they really are good - Strong and tactile. The lower parts don't engage quite as easily as the upper parts of the extensions but the trick is to pull towards you and they give much more scope for grabbing than the stock paddles anyway.

It's a good idea to remove the TID sticky label before fitting.

AznRac3rPOI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Here are some full one piece CNC aluminum direct replacements rather then double sided tape/glue...

http://s2tpp.com/VW.html

arsenal55

DSGTI MK5
What is it with these prices?! I understand material and production is steep, but is it really THAT steep??

AznRac3rPOI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2006 GTI
What is it with these prices?! I understand material and production is steep, but is it really THAT steep??

It cost a good amount of money to operate a CNC machine. Machine shops aren't cheap... most people don't know how much it is to run...

RedRobin

Going With The Flow....
Car(s)
Throbbin' Red VeeDub

I really don't understand why so many of you guys here are bitching about the price. They transform using your DSG paddles and I drive in M-mode using them 99% of the time. Brilliant when wheel on the turn.

RedRobin

Going With The Flow....
Car(s)
Throbbin' Red VeeDub
Anyone who pays over $50 for damn paddle extensions is freaking INSANE.

....Oh, I was under the impression that no-one here was sane. What's 'normal' anyway?

I'm extremely happy with my TID carbonfibre paddle extensions and really don't care two fooks what anyone else thinks. I can afford them so, up yours, matey!

:happyanim: :lol: :thumbup:

BlueIce5249

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
....Oh, I was under the impression that no-one here was sane. What's 'normal' anyway?

I'm extremely happy with my TID carbonfibre paddle extensions and really don't care two fooks what anyone else thinks. I can afford them so, up yours, matey!

:happyanim: :lol: :thumbup:

I can afford them too, but I'm also smart enough to know for that kind of money I'll just reach my fingers a few more inches.

RedRobin

Going With The Flow....
Car(s)
Throbbin' Red VeeDub
I can afford them too, but I'm also smart enough to know for that kind of money I'll just reach my fingers a few more inches.

....If you drove a bit harder you'd know how useful the paddle extensions are.

But each to their own, so what's "smart" about criticising those who decide to spend their money as they see fit?

:iono:

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
....If you drove a bit harder you'd know how useful the paddle extensions are.

But each to their own, so what's "smart" about criticising those who decide to spend their money as they see fit?

:iono:

The paddle extensions are a personal preference and have little to do with how "hard" the car is being driven.
I'll point out that the Scirocco N24 cars which took part in the 24hrs Nurburgring (and did very well with class wins as I recall) didn't have any paddle extensions and I imagine that they were being driven somewhat harder than you take your Golf on the road.

RedRobin

Going With The Flow....
Car(s)
Throbbin' Red VeeDub
The paddle extensions are a personal preference and have little to do with how "hard" the car is being driven.
I'll point out that the Scirocco N24 cars which took part in the 24hrs Nurburgring (and did very well with class wins as I recall) didn't have any paddle extensions and I imagine that they were being driven somewhat harder than you take your Golf on the road.

....All I'm trying to point out (in response to those here who are rudely dismissing them mostly on the grounds of cost), is that they can be a real aid - NOT an essential as you rightly point out.

Each to their own and that's as much as I need to say on the subject.

:rolleyes: