GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Order a GTI or wait for the new CIVIC TYPE R (Pictures)

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
I mean I guess the only downside I see is the idea that it might not officially release, making it harder to get, and the Civic SI is already 20K so this limited edition car would have to be significantly higher in price than that. The Civic looks kinda sharp, little goddy, but just dont get mad if you wait all this time and nothing shows.

Ant1974

Ready to race!
I would be very suprised if honda makes any major changes.Prices around £18,000. GTI is just over £20,000 here in UK

Also, the unfortunate downside is that any TypeR is never produced in America. The engines on them do not pass smog, and have to modified extensively to pass.

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
Being a previous sporty honda driver, the GTI just seemed more comfortable overall, and I've never owned Euro before. Even the SI interiors and so forth just seem cheap..

h82bslo

Autocross Newbie
i agree on the cheap interior of the si. the quality of the interior was one of the factors that sold us on the gti. i believe my buddy's dash is hard compared to our cushioned dash.
besides it makes me feel like i'm sitting in an audi. you can't beat that.
what can i say, this is a gti forum. the bias is there. sorry.

Ant1974

Ready to race!
I agree with the old si (our Type r) on the interior. The new interior is something else. This is the Standard (not Type R)Euro civic interior which is on our roads now.

Attachments

• Civic%201%20august%2001.jpg
    Civic%201%20august%2001.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 1,092
Last edited:

GTI2007

To my opinion the GTI interior looks so much better and I don't like the look of the new Civic. I much more prefer the GTI for the much better looking outside and inside

Bouston

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
The interior of the Si looks very nice, but also a little too cluttered. Also this car is still just a concept. So you might be waiting a long time for something that will never be.

Bouston

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
GTI2007 said:
or it could end up looking so much different as a production model

True. And the performance specs could also change. That could be good or bad.

Gulfer

Administrator
Staff member
Car(s)
Nothing
holy crap, the interior of that civic Si is the most rediculous thing I've ever seen in my life. Looks like the interior of a spaceship in a cheezy 80s movie or something, more reason to appreciate vw/audi interiors

The dash has two levels and that isn't nice looking. Also, the CD Play is going to be a downside for some Audio Buffs because each part of the stereo is built in differently. The CD slot is by itself, control by itself, etc.

Ant1974

Ready to race!
And it has voice control.It can understand around 15 European languages, so good if travel around europe and you get lost in germany and ask a german to instruct its sat nav to point you in the right direction.LOL