GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MP3 CD's and Radio Display

Joe Diver

DFW Wolfpack Schlagetot
I did a quick search and only found one reference to this question, but no answer:

Is there a way to get the radio to display usable information rather than "Folder 01" and "Title 001"? I do get the artist and song as long as the mp3 has a tag...and I set it to scroll for bling factor :rolleyes: but it sure would be nice to get something other than Folder and Title... like something meaningful...

Anyone?

bigdyno

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
I would have to check my manual again, but I think it has to do with how the file is titled, if it was burned as "track 1" that's all it will show, I'll check and see if I can find anything.

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
I get track name not number... make sure you make an MP3 CD... I do not get data on an audio cd like i did in my last car

Joe Diver

DFW Wolfpack Schlagetot
Vivid said:
I get track name not number... make sure you make an MP3 CD... I do not get data on an audio cd like i did in my last car

I do...use Nero....so, instead of a giant "Title001" or whatever in the middle, you get the name of the track? This is in addition to the smaller artist and song underneath....

JC Starr

Touring Car Newbie
Nope, unless in the past two months someone has figured out a work around, it is not possible. Reading the manual, it makes it seem as if it is, but I have tried just about every program and titled the folders every way possible and it ALWAYS displays Folder 01 Title 01. :iono:

Joe Diver

DFW Wolfpack Schlagetot
In SAT mode it will display the station name and catagory...in AM/FM just the station number and call sign...Maybe MP3 mode just isn't smart enough? I'll email Volkswagen and ask....

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
I have only tried on MP3 CD and it say the title name, artist but I only have one long continuous DJ set, so I don;t have folders but it does display the tag info... So there has to be a way to display the info with multiple tracks and folders

Joe Diver

DFW Wolfpack Schlagetot
Vivid said:
I have only tried on MP3 CD and it say the title name, artist but I only have one long continuous DJ set, so I don;t have folders but it does display the tag info... So there has to be a way to display the info with multiple tracks and folders

So you have everything under root, with no folders at all....just a long list of mp3's....and with this you get the title of the song in the large font, middle of radio instead of "Title001" or some such....I'll make a CD like that and see what happens!

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
Joe Diver said:
So you have everything under root, with no folders at all....just a long list of mp3's....and with this you get the title of the song in the large font, middle of radio instead of "Title001" or some such....I'll make a CD like that and see what happens!

What I have is just one long 3hr track...

JC Starr

Touring Car Newbie
Joe Diver said:
:laughabove: We need to find some geek tucked away in a dank cube at Panasonic....who engineered the dang thing...

Agreed... it has to be a software issue and someone needs to fix this and share the news! :tongue:

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
Ok I think I was looking at the wrong part... Mine also has title in the middel and folder # in the top right... but displays the tag id info at the bottom