GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

rust

VdaWg

FIA World Rally Car Champion
i was looking under the under carriage of my car and i saw some rust on the lower control arm where the bolts are near the wheel, is that normal? also i've been driving without the radio on just so i can hear the noises the car makes and there are many times when i hit a small bump and rattling noises occur in the front end area, i also hear little pinging/tapping sounds when i start the car especially in the morning, anybody care to shine some light on this.

LiquidG

Touring Car Champion
rust proofing the under carriage every year will keep yur car like new. The rattle I think is your fuel lines, apparntly there is a TSB # out about it.

VdaWg

hmmm....going back to dealer sevice again to get that checked out. Thanks for the info.

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
Did you check to see that the front spring spacers were removed from the shocks. A lot of us here had that problem and mine made a noise when I went over bumps (that's how I found them). Give the springs a quick peek if you haven't done so yet.

VdaWg

yeah i've checked it out the spacers have been taken out, anyways i no longer listen to the radio because i'm listening for anything peculiar, except for the engine which i enjoy listening to, it's the little squeaks and rattles that get to me. oh well, if i can't take it anymore i'll just have to go back to the dealer to get the adjustments.