GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MKV vs. G35

Black Sheep

Go Kart Newbie
i didn't know we could talk about racing...anyways, last week cruising with my 2 friends, we passed through this club in downtown honolulu hawaii heading towards the freeway...this white g35 was in front of us and we were both hitting stoplights...he would floor it and only get stopped at the next stop light, i was driving normal. we both were about to get on the freeway and i think we both knew that we were going to race, because my friends wanted to see how fast the mkv was...so i was behind the g35 while still on the on-ramp i think on 3rd gear, another car was in front of the g35 so we had to wait till it was clear...then once clear, he went left and i went right on a 4 lane freeway with a couple cars in the middle, it was close for a few seconds, then i pulled away while on 4th right about 6rpms, then shift to 5th and just cruised it all the way home...it was exciting but left me with questions like weight, i had 3 people in my car total and he had 2 total...the g35 looks kinda heavier maybe that's why i pulled away...or was it just torque that killed him...any suggestions?...

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
These cars are pretty strong from a roll. It takes quite a bit more hp to weight to pull away from a decent roll. It's also pretty impossible for both drivers to hit it at the exact same time. .2 - .3 is two or three car lengths just to make an example.

4GSixty3

Drag Racing Champion
its very possible the GTI can pull on the G35 sedan 260HP + Automatic, if its the G35 Coupe + 6sp (297HP) then we are in trouble..... anyway congrat on the win!!!!!

RJS5689

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
2006 MKV GTI
4GSixty3 said:
its very possible the GTI can pull on the G35 sedan 260HP + Automatic, if its the G35 Coupe + 6sp (297HP) then we are in trouble..... anyway congrat on the win!!!!!
actually my friends sedan has 280.. the old models are 260, and the 6 spped sedans are 298... i have a G35 and i dont belive this im sorry, as i have said before... our cars our fast.... but i used to drive my G daily.... and it pulls harder.... my friend has a G, one day ill see what we can do...

Black Sheep

Go Kart Newbie
could be the 260hp, but i think it was manual the way he was peeling out after each light (not unless you can do that on auto)...i dunno...and i think i got the jump once on the freeway, looked liked he hesitated...i was comitted and pounded it from the get go...so i guess i was lucky.