GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mods anyone?

35NYR

Ready to race!
I've got a GTI coming in. So far I've got lowering springs and BBS wheels planned. Looking into aero kits next but not sure what to get yet.. having hard time finding retailers/prices. What's everyone got planned or is on there wish list?

YenPxxx

Drag Racing Champion
Looks like we're planning similar things. Definitely lowering the car with KW or HR products (though sticking to maybe just springs this time instead of full coilovers setup). I'm coming from a MK3 with coilovers and BBS CH wheels so a stock setup looks a bit too.. stock :D. Performance mods will come in due time when the aftermarket market has had a chance to fully develop for this car.

IT_Golf_man

Passed Driver's Ed
Just got my car a couple days ago and couldn't be happier. Car still looks completely beautiful and fresh to me so keeping it stock for now. I'm curious though does anyone know what the factory front lip looks like? I'm not sure I've ever seen it. Thanks.

MKThree

Ready to race!
I'm starting with under the engine stuff first and then *maybe* the exterior. Like GolfMan said the car is still so new it's fresh to look at. By under the engine that includes suspension/wheels too. Time to save up some more $$ :D

Mainy

Ready to race!
So far I've swapped my rear lights for the VW Smoked R32 ones and have fitted the VW IPod interface.

Next will be getting the windows tinted.

On the list for the future is a Milltek Turbo Back stinless exhaust (muffler I believe you guys call them) and an ECU remap although I am undecided who to use at the moment :cool:

99swift99

Go Kart Champion
Mainy said:
So far I've swapped my rear lights for the VW Smoked R32 ones and have fitted the VW IPod interface.

On the list for the future is a Milltek Turbo Back stinless exhaust (muffler I believe you guys call them) and an ECU remap although I am undecided who to use at the moment :cool:

Mainy good idea to swap for the smoked ones. I love the smoked lights look and should look great with tinted windows on your silver GTI. Any details on the Milltek exhaust and ECU remap - how much more power does this give u? Eventually I'll be looking at performance mods too.

Gulfer

Administrator
Staff member
Car(s)
Nothing
Mainy said:

I want to make a collection of exhaust clips, if you make a recording or anything like that could you let me know ? :bow:

HGVT

Ready to race!
It's a turbo, so it's just asking to be chipped!! :burnrubber: A chip on my car would be useless :(

Good thing about this car is it's already been out for a while in Europe so companies like GIAC, REVO, APR, etc.. already got chips out. Anyone have #'s on what each company's chips are getting out of the GTI engine?

MAlby7

Oval Newbie
From Revo's Site:

On APR's Site they have the following numbers posted:

2006 Jetta 2.0T
91 Octane --> 246hp/282lb-ft
93 Octane --> 252hp/303lb-ft

From GIAC:

** In all fairness I think the Revo and APR numbers are at the flywheel and thus not Real Wheel HP. On the flipside the GIAC dyno graph car also had a downpipe with Cat and techtronics exhaust and also an evo motorsport intake.