GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GT2871R Install

SIIIICK08

Ready to race!
Nice post OP, 2871R is what I wanted but too difficult to get smogged in Calif for me. If you are going to tune this thing up with water meth and you are running a stock FSI bottom end you should get upgraded rods in there first. You should be able to push 400whp+ with this setup just with just a good tune and water meth which will put it into stock motor breaker territory.

Thinking about doing only water injection for now due to 100+ degree F summer temps in AZ. Car runs crazy better in early morning/cooler weather. I'd like that feeling all year round. Assuming water injection alone would do the trick without being put into stock motor breaker territory?

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Thinking about doing only water injection for now due to 100+ degree F summer temps in AZ. Car runs crazy better in early morning/cooler weather. I'd like that feeling all year round. Assuming water injection alone would do the trick without being put into stock motor breaker territory?

My car does run better in 60 degree weather but it still runs very strong in 100 degree weather too. Add water meth, you will love it living in AZ

flat tire

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Electric + 135i
You want water + meth because it evaporates so much better than just water alone. Adding the juice by itself won't break your rods. When people say WM breaks stuff they're talking about also being tuned to take further advantage of the WM injection which can add a lot of additional power. There are gains to be had over the entire boost curve, although if you don't want to add rods now you could get a special tune that adds power to takes advantage of the WM but only at higher RPM. This is possible because the inertial load of the rods being pulled down by the crank at higher engine speed cancels out a part of the compressive load from the power stroke.

What you would be doing by adding WM to your current tune is keeping power from being lost.

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
And if anything wm with your existing file will make it safer being less prone to detonation

SIIIICK08

Ready to race!
Very nice setup, congratulation.
I have a question regarding the N75 installation. Could you tell me how do you exactly connect it? I am near to finish a similar project (GTX2867R) but I don't know how to connect the N75 and where do I have to connect the N75 vacuum lines?! Also, do I need to purchase any hardware to install it?

Never touched the N75. Shop did all the work. Im sure someone on this forum can answer your question.

SIIIICK08

Ready to race!
Thanks for your helpful & knowledgable answers fellas!

lnghrngti

Ready to race!
If you wouldn't mind me asking, how much did you spend total?

SIIIICK08

Ready to race!
If you wouldn't mind me asking, how much did you spend total?

Spent close to $6500 for all parts, labor, tune & needed modifications such as exhaust welding & DV relocation. Worth every penny :thumbup:

This doesn't include internals, which I don't have yet. Expect another $6500 for that plus better tune.

SIIIICK08

Ready to race!
20-23 psi. dyno numbers probably next month when temps cool down

SIIIICK08

Ready to race!
GT2871R Dyno Results

One month after the install, finally took the car in.
Thanks to GoodSpeed Performance Lab, got my desired numbers! :happyanim: MAHA LPS 3000 PKW
Not bad for an engine with 90k miles.

Crank & wheel HP & Torque both tested on 91 octane.

353 hp & 323 torque at the CRANK (19-20 PSI)

298 hp & 279 torque at the WHEELS (chart shows previous STG2+ comparison)

btgli

Passed Driver's Ed
Nice numbers I can't wait to get back on the dyno, if you want to run a lot of water I've used -20 peak with no problems it's like 30 meth 70 water with some blue dye. I just started to use boost juice now more like 50/50 mix.

jasonleeobrien

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI FSI
Looks great!! I was talking to my mechanic about going GT28, but the tune would be through unitronic. Can't want to see it once it's done!