GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

18x8.5 ET35 flush or poke?

dddrew.

blah.
Sorry for another stupid thread but i figure i'd get better responses in here instead of my old thread with a different title.

I'm looking at getting a set of BBS RG-II since i'm starting to realize it'll be impossible to find used BBS LMs under $2500. I found a set of RG-IIs but im not sure if i'll like the offset. My car is lowered on koni coilovers all the way with rear perches out. Still only a moderate drop.

How would 18x8 +40 front, 18x8.5 +35 rear look? Like i've said in previous threads im not a fan of poke at all but have to live with some if i plan on getting a set of BBSs it seems.

Picture of my current stance:
(click here for full size for a better look)

lameroll1 by dndandrea, on Flickr

Just looking for someone who has past history of wheels with these specs.
I'd also like to know how my 225/40/18 tires would work on it or if i should break the bank and get some new ones.

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
I'm looking at getting a set of BBS RG-II since i'm starting to realize it'll be impossible to find used BBS LMs under $2500.

You need to talk to Phil Chow.

itskv

APR Stage II+
buy my alphards, perfect fitment

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
it will be pretty much flush with the fenders. 215/40s or 215/35s all around and youre golden

This is good info. I had VMR V710s, 18x 8.5 et45 all around and they were flush if not ever-so-slightly poked (like, by a mm or two, tops) up front, but a little more recessed in the rear. I always thought ET35 in the rear would have been perfect, so I think that'd be spot-on for your fitment. 18x8 et 40 should look great up front and be pretty much perfectly flush IMO, like steveo17 said.

I had 225s and they fit fine at my higher ride height, but if you are as low as your sig suggests, steveo's recommendation to go with narrower tires would be a good one, otherwise you're likely to rub.

tomshouse516

tomtomtomotomtomtomtomtom
Car(s)
09 GT1
That would be a nice flush fitment, you might need a touch of negative camber in the rear but not much.

I would suggest 215/40 but you could get away with 225/40 for now if you don't lower your coils all the way.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

dddrew.

blah.
You need to talk to Phil Chow.
Thanks, I sent him a PM yesterday.

it will be pretty much flush with the fenders. 215/40s or 215/35s all around and youre golden
Well this makes me feel better, thanks for the info.

buy my alphards, perfect fitment
Sorry but not really interested in alphards anymore.

This is good info. I had VMR V710s, 18x 8.5 et45 all around and they were flush if not ever-so-slightly poked (like, by a mm or two, tops) up front, but a little more recessed in the rear. I always thought ET35 in the rear would have been perfect, so I think that'd be spot-on for your fitment. 18x8 et 40 should look great up front and be pretty much perfectly flush IMO, like steveo17 said.

I had 225s and they fit fine at my higher ride height, but if you are as low as your sig suggests, steveo's recommendation to go with narrower tires would be a good one, otherwise you're likely to rub.
That would be a nice flush fitment, you might need a touch of negative camber in the rear but not much.

I would suggest 215/40 but you could get away with 225/40 for now if you don't lower your coils all the way.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Great information from both of you guys, thanks. Sounds like i'll definitely want new rubber if i decide on getting these wheels.

My old set up. I was running 215/40 Sumitomo HTR Z III. FTG was anywhere from 22.8" to 23"
These are 18x8+40, 18x8.5+35?

mobbin6

Banned
Left or right car?

Something tells me it's the left car but that is farther out than I planned...

left car. Keep in mind, for many mkv's, one side always pokes more than the other. In my case, it's the passenger side that pokes about 3mm more than the drivers side. I ended up throwing a 3mm spacer on the drivers side just to even things out.

DJ Spice

Ready to race!
Car(s)
My Fast
left car. Keep in mind, for many mkv's, one side always pokes more than the other. In my case, it's the passenger side that pokes about 3mm more than the drivers side. I ended up throwing a 3mm spacer on the drivers side just to even things out.

I just noticed this on my car... Why does this happen?

Sent from my MKV GTi using Tapatalk 2