GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Turn and parking light out

StarsMars

The drivers side turn signal and parking light are both not working, I changed out both the bulbs.
The parking light was blown, the turn signal looked good.
Swapped the fuses.
The wires all look new and in tact.

Not sure why just those two lights are out. The low and high beam are still good. The passenger side is good. The bulbs are good. I'm thinking that has to narrow it down to wires?

Electronics are mostly magic to me as I haven't forced myself to learn anything about them. Will one of you black wizards help me? :thanks:

StarsMars

Ok, it started out as the parking light and the turn signal.
Now none of the lights in the drivers side assembly are working.
(parking,turn,low,high)

I changed the fuses. I checked the connection. Wires look new as the headlight was replaced a few years ago. Parking light and turn signal bulbs have both been replaced.

It seems if they were related, they would have all gone out at once?

ZiRiS

Sergeant
Car(s)
'09 BMP GTI
Get a VCDS and do a scan, record the findings, clear all codes, then try again. You lights just might start magically working. Worked for me, at least. If not, check your codes again, it should throw some more codes if it still fails. Also, not all bulbs are created equally, could be crappy bulbs wreaking havoc the system, so the computer just shut down the whole system. It really is worth getting a VCDS scan to see what's actually going on.

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Ok, it started out as the parking light and the turn signal.
Now none of the lights in the drivers side assembly are working.
(parking,turn,low,high)

I changed the fuses. I checked the connection. Wires look new as the headlight was replaced a few years ago. Parking light and turn signal bulbs have both been replaced.

It seems if they were related, they would have all gone out at once?

You checked for power but did you check the ground, they all share a ground.

And Vcds is your friend, buy it https://store.ross-tech.com/shop/vchv2_ent/ or borrow