GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Larger Dust/Splash Shields...what fits?

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I have a Stage 3 BBK from ECS that are 332x32 and came with Hawk HPS pads.
When I am driving when very wet, the first time I go for the brakes it's like nothing. I have to let off and press again before they work. It's not this way when dry and there is never much pedal travel when wet or dry. It's as though they need to be wiped off and then they are fine.
I need new pads and discs/rotors very soon and I am going to switch to Hawk HP+ pads from Hawk HPS at that time. But wanting to minimize moisture on the rotors is why going to consider adding larger dust shields.
I am also ordering a Golf R master cylinder to help with the volume of the kit as it is a direct bolt on so long as I order a master that is for a DSG car...and I've read it works very well with BBK's.

My question is: If running a BBK, have you found a dust shield that fits? Even if not, I can modify a shield to fit and just wanted to hear of your successes with keeping the shields. Would be nice to have the protection again from brake-heat for the ball-joints and brake fluid lines as well.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I asked Prof. Google about this and found that others hate their HPS pads when wet and cold...saying they have to smash the pedal, but I figured out long ago to just let off and reapply pressure. They have been on for seven years now and I am just done with this. The first good rain always reminds me..."the Horror!"