GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Who runs 19 inch wheels here? Thoughts?

OWC

Passed Driver's Ed
OK 19s sound like too much hassle. 18s it is then.

pic of the 710s on a BMP (i have BMP too). Gun metal look squite cool, but i like silver oo as its classic.

still love the 701s though

Are they 18s or 19s??

Burgs

Silver Nugget
Car(s)
2008 VW Golf GTI
Im running 19s, i cant really fault them. Asthetically they look the goods and arnt as harsh or compromising as some might expect. The right 18s can look spot on (the 18" works on the Pirelli from WA looks the goods), in saying that the wrong style 18s on a MK V look undersized, it all comes down to the style of the rim.

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
The right 18s can look spot on (the 18" works on the Pirelli from WA looks the goods), in saying that the wrong style 18s on a MK V look undersized, it all comes down to the style of the rim.

I agree, I don't think my 18" looks too small, but as you say depends on the style. A nice stance with suspension drop ties it all together well.

ApexTwin

expert knob twiddler
I agree, I don't think my 18" looks too small, but as you say depends on the style. A nice stance with suspension drop ties it all together well.
x2

Hell, 17's look hot with a good stance

Gene Hunt

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK 5 GTI
My choice for 18'', got the very same.

Attachments

• ADLVF07CACV5T11CADIY4N7CA855IBUCAOKM3EXCA0M72OZCARC0C87CA8VVXD5CA1XLJO3CA0GLEAICAR6B395CA0YUUCHC.jpg
    ADLVF07CACV5T11CADIY4N7CA855IBUCAOKM3EXCA0M72OZCARC0C87CA8VVXD5CA1XLJO3CA0GLEAICAR6B395CA0YUUCHC.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 1,199

rmark_gti

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2006 Golf GTi
My choice for 18'', got the very same.

I just got myself a set of these, p-coated them black and wrapped them with PS2s. I swapped my 19" VMR V709s out (running all-season LS2000 Goodyears), world of a difference!

I love the 709s and am considering keeping them as my spare set, they look really nice but the ride quality is just rough, especially with HK's roads being mostly cement. At least you folks in North America have tarmac to cushion your big wheels...

Jig

Flow Motion
if you are selling your car Greg, dont bother. but I thought after market spacers are illegal?

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
if you are selling your car Greg, dont bother. but I thought after market spacers are illegal?

Thanks Jig, will give that idea a miss. Not sure if its going yet will have to look at revising the price however it's a bit hard to let it go..

tooraktrash

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 Golf GTI
Classic Saad!

sh3rman

19 inches on mkv gli

hello there, so i have a 2008 vw gli and my uncle got me some 19 inch which i want to put on the car. but i just want to make sure it will fit. i dont plan on lowering the car. will keep the stock everything excpet change the rim and tires. can someone help me. the rims is

up720 wheels (19 5x112 et45)