GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New GTI Owner LF some work/references/parts

cfranchise13

Hello,

1st Time GTI owner here. 06 GTI MKV to both daily drive and toy with a little. I'm from the SF Bay Area and am looking for advice and FS parts on the following:

Recommendation on a touch screen, ipod ready dash unit. Entry level units ok, pref not to spend too much. Thinking Kenwood 373BT or Pioneer 280bt. Is there anyone who'd be able to help with install locally if i order from crutchfield? Any recommended shops who's mark ups aren't outrageous? I've changed my own stereo before on Accord, but figure VW would be much more complicated.

Lowering springs, maybe shocks too. Prefer to buy local if anyone wants to sell a great conditioned pair. Best place/recommended users who are local who can help install?

Thinking of either painting my 17in stock rims Black with clear coat, or to buy an inexpensive set of "Detroit" rims (the ones with black and polish, Mk6 premium i believe) Is there a definitive DIY video or instructions for painting the wheels? Dealer put 4 new tires on car so it might be worth it for me to just paint rims for now?

Anyone who could help with VagCom work locally? I just want to change DRL to fogs, and have all windows roll up/close including roof from key fob.

Loving the car, glad I found this forum. Looking forward to learning ins/outs of it.

Thanks in advance!