GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Neuspeed Springs Installed

ünpimptheauto

Touring Car Newbie
Ok, as promised, I installed the Neuspeed springs (p/n: NS55.10.91) on the GTI today, with a help from a good friend. On a lift, took about 1.5 hours. Rears only were about 10 minutes of the install, the rest was the fronts.

Before Spring Install
This was the heights of the stock suspension, as measured from center of wheel to fender. Note my car had about 180 miles, so the factory springs were most likely as high as they would ever be (no settling springs here).

LF: 15.25"
RF: 15.5"
LR: 14.875"
RR: 14.75"

After Spring Install
Knowing full well that these are just the inital installed heights, they will most likely lower more over the next few weeks/months with more mileage. These were installed on 5/31/06

LF: 13.625" (- 1.625")
RF: 13.625" (- 1.875")
LR: 13.875" (- 1")
RR: 13.625" (- 1.125")

The Ride
Quality of the ride remains excellent. Unfortunately, I did install the OZ Ultraleggera's in 18x8 (with 225/35R18 tires) at the same time of the install. Because of this, it is not a fair assesement to the degradation of ride quality from the springs alone.

Let's just say with this setup (with tires that are technically too small), ride quality is still excellent, and my wife won't complain about it. Overall, the ride is slightly more harsh, but switching to a standard size tire would only improve the ride quality. Of course, the visual fender gap will be reduced with the correct sidewall tire as well, but I'm not really concerned too much about that vs. the actual lowering itself.

The Conclusion
Since this vehicle is on a mod budget, the only option avialable for this vehicle was lowering springs. I am satisfied with the quality and ride of this product. I will probably be happier when the springs finally "settle" lower, but for the moment, I am content. I would recommend this product, especially for the price conscience modder.

Pictures and updates will follow in a few days.

Updated Spring Measurements
I remeasured the car, in the same spot (my garage) today, 7-16-06, nearly 1.5 months later. Also, the car has 899 miles now (started this with 180 miles). These are the results.

LF: 13.625" (- 1.625"), unchanged
RF: 13.625" (- 1.875"), unchanged
LR: 13.750" (- 1.125"), 0.125 lower
RR: 13.500" (- 1.500"), 0.125 lower

Updated Spring Measurements
I remeasured the car, in the same spot (my garage) today, 10-30-06, 5 months later. Also, the car has 1879 miles now (started this with 180 miles). These are the results.

LF: 13.500" (- 1.750"), 0.125 lower
RF: 13.625" (- 1.875"), unchanged
LR: 13.750" (- 0"), unchanged
RR: 13.500" (- 0"), unchanged

Last edited:

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
Awesome info. As usual, you know pics are required. Now if you could ride in one with comparable H&R's... These springs seem like a no brainer for the money.

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
Do you think one of the back springs needs to be re-clocked on the perch? Those numbers just kind of look like one isn't in right. I did that on a few of my cars and was able to adjust the height slightly.

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Looks nice...can we get a straight side shot with the front wheels not turned?