VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum -

MYGOLF garage
Members List
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - > Regional Forums > Africa

Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2017, 10:00 AM   #1
sebastianvanniel's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 1
Golf v

Hi guys, what is this located between the dipstick and the air filter box on my 1.6 Golf 5?
A pipe runs to/from filter and another to the throttle side.
I had three different answers.... and each one was totally sure... 😂
Any help out there is appreciated.

Sent from my Hisense F20 using Tapatalk
sebastianvanniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 06:55 PM   #2
3carmonte's Avatar
Drives: 2007 Golf GTI Coup / FSI / DSG
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Seminole, FL
Posts: 157
This part? Looks like an air pump or blower of some kind. It runs on an electric motor (as opposed to belt driven) when is it running? Is it connected to the intake or the cabin? (It looks like a vacuum pump. Just a guess)
Attached Images

Last edited by 3carmonte; 12-11-2017 at 07:11 PM.
3carmonte is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.