GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Step 2.5 MK6 climatronic control

DeWet

Ready to race!
Step 2 was installing climatronic and the dual zone works real nice but knowing its possible to install the MK6 controlls bothered me.

Bought a controller off ebay and didnt know about the auto recirc at that stage. The one I got do have the auto recirc so I also bought an air quality sensor.

The trim for the controller is from a Jetta which I got from aliexpress and since a clip on my air vents were busted I got that too.

The hardest part of the install was feddi g the AQS wires from the engine bay into the cab but 2 hour lunch time sessions at work and its all done.

The best part is the interaction with my RCD510 which was missing eith the MK5 control.

Still to do:

Step 4. Painted door strips(handles done) and GTI front bumper.

Step 5. Cluster, ECU, sterring and engine changes

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Pissat4motion

Time Lord
Step 2 was installing climatronic and the dual zone works real nice but knowing its possible to install the MK6 controlls bothered me.

Bought a controller off ebay and didnt know about the auto recirc at that stage. The one I got do have the auto recirc so I also bought an air quality sensor.

The trim for the controller is from a Jetta which I got from aliexpress and since a clip on my air vents were busted I got that too.

The hardest part of the install was feddi g the AQS wires from the engine bay into the cab but 2 hour lunch time sessions at work and its all done.

The best part is the interaction with my RCD510 which was missing eith the MK5 control.

I recently picked up a mk6 climatronic panel and the surround for my GTI. I'm assuming you had to repin and perform the basic settings?

Pissat4motion

Time Lord
Yep since mine is a 2005 I had to repin connector A and C

Did holding AC+rear defrost button work for you getting the a/c compressor to stay on?
I tried it but thinking maybe I didn't long press it for enough time..

DeWet

Ready to race!
Did holding AC+rear defrost button work for you getting the a/c compressor to stay on?
I tried it but thinking maybe I didn't long press it for enough time..
I dont think I had a problem but through the process of installing I did try all the button combinations from various forums.
It all just worked in the end so not sure which bits was necessary and which not

Pissat4motion

Time Lord
I dont think I had a problem but through the process of installing I did try all the button combinations from various forums.
It all just worked in the end so not sure which bits was necessary and which not

I'll keep trying it then. Everything else seems to work as it should except that... but that's the same issue it seems most people have at first. I've got at least a month to get it working before its actually "a/c" hot outside LOL