GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to buy dude's GTI if VW Credit still owns it?

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
I had to show insurance before I got the tag. You just call your company with the VIN number and tell them you got a car.

hkyktms

Passed Driver's Ed
Well hopefully, sometime this week I can get this settled. I'm just really tired of going back and forth and not having a car or being relegated to nissan versas or mazda 2's

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Just want to update my share of this thread. My friend paid the loan on 7/3, he got the title yesterday and State Farm had signed off on 7/18. I know there was a holiday, but it took them 15 days to process and then 3 more days by mail. He gave it to me today, I'm finally in business!!
The K04 Mk6 I'm talking about:

Last edited:

Austin_hull

Für Die Liebe Des Autos
Car(s)
MK5 TR GTI REVO// +
Especially since my buddy just got an FR-S last night, there are a few stop lights and highway trips we need to make to see whose car can do what?

As somebody who has owned a MKV, and now owns a BRZ, the GTI will shit on the FR-S unless you're on REALLY sharp turns....

hkyktms

Passed Driver's Ed
Just want to update my share of this thread. My friend paid the loan on 7/3, he got the title yesterday and State Farm had signed off on 7/18. I know there was a holiday, but it took them 15 days to process and then 3 more days by mail. He gave it to me today, I'm finally in business!!
The K04 Mk6 I'm talking about:

Wow! Now that's something worth waiting for! Congrats on the car man! Sadly though, I don't think things are gonna work out with my situation. He won't respond to my phone calls or texts about the car. I find it odd one owes 11.5k on a car and someone says I'll pay you 12k for it and they never really call you back. Oh well, his loss. I found another car anyway. Higher miles than I'd prefer, but its got leather which due to my dog, would come in hella handy.

You can check it out here: http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/cto/4579266683.html. As always, I think the thing is overpriced. He had it listed for sale for 12k and jacked the price on it to 13.4k today just because some people/friends told him it was listed too low at 12k. My thing is, idc what other people think it's worth. Unless they want to count you 100 dollar bills, my opinion trumps. KBB on the car is $11,459 for Very Good condition or $11,891 in Excellent Condition if buying from a private owner. If purchasing from a dealer, the suggested retail price is $12,884 though the fair purchase price is $12,595.

Maybe anyone has a few thoughts about the car and pricing. Question though, can someone clear up whether the TSI's have timing chains or belts and regardless, when do they need to be changed and how much should that be?

hkyktms

Passed Driver's Ed
As somebody who has owned a MKV, and now owns a BRZ, the GTI will shit on the FR-S unless you're on REALLY sharp turns....

TBH, it's really a nice car but I could not see a real life scenario where I'd buy that over a GTI. If I were taking the cars to the track, that's one thing but just to go back and forth to school/work/home/hang out, the GTI is a much better choice. Maybe it's just me but the ride was terrible (got a headache this weekend in it), power lacking, nor was interior as well crafted as in GTI. I'm sure it appeals to lots of people, and I'm probably their target demo but for everyday use, GTI>FRS.