GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Looking to purchase 07GTI from dealer

Spectre

Ready to race!
Personally, I'd be weary of purchasing a car that's been modified from another person. Although convenient, it's really hard to determine if they built/drove the car appropriately.

It's funny. It seems like everyone always says this which basically means as soon as you mod a car, it's yours for life. Makes it unsellable.

Guess selling my ///M3 is going to be very hard.

VMRWheels

Go Kart Champion
It's funny. It seems like everyone always says this which basically means as soon as you mod a car, it's yours for life. Makes it unsellable.

Guess selling my ///M3 is going to be very hard.

Very true, of course there are EXCEPTIONS. With proper background investigation and a thorough inspection.. you can definitely find a finely built car.

I feel the same way when I look at my car. Unless I go almost completely back to stock.. it's going to be very difficult for me to re-sell.

M3s, M5s, EVOs, etc are the a bit easier to sell modded.. modification is almost expected with sports cars

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Car looks pretty sweet. I would try to beat them up on the price a little, but a good inspection and test drive will reveal all.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
They spent the money and got the matte OSIR valance. They also installed OEM LED tail lights. I think if they didn't cut corners there they probably didn't do the same under the hood.

I would see if you can get a vag-com scan and take a long look under the hood for things that are out of place.

Spectre

Ready to race!
but a good inspection and test drive will reveal all.

Shiiit. I picked my car up after test driving it a couple of times and putting it through its paces and I got about three miles down the road and I had missfires and a CEL. Needed coil packs. These are VWs. Shit fucks up at any time. Maybe knowing what i know about these cars, things would have been different.

Last edited:

penance

Fakinsupa
Car(s)
GTI
They spent the money and got the matte OSIR valance. They also installed OEM LED tail lights. I think if they didn't cut corners there they probably didn't do the same under the hood.

I would see if you can get a vag-com scan and take a long look under the hood for things that are out of place.

I thought the same thing, but then I also saw the CF instrument panel sticky... so that leaves me on the fence. lol