GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RNS 510 - Premium Bluetooth

Dingah

Crusty Aviator
Car(s)
Audi SQ5
Calls received are automatically answered or you can accept/reject using telephone button on the steering wheel. Muting is automatic with the exception of navigation commands from the RNS510.
THere is no visual interface and nothing appears on either the RNS510 or MFD.
Other than one tiny telephone icon appearing at the top of the RNS510 screen when bluetooth does its intial handshake with your phone there are no obvious signs of telephone integration.
It was kept this simple to ensure it could integrate with BOTH the RNS510 and be backward compatible with the other system and CD stacker. The premium system will have MFD/RNS510 displays and interface, is RNS510 specific and I'd suggest if you need to frequently make outgoing calls might be the better option.

Dingah

RooGT

I am having my "properly integrated to RNS-510" bluetooth system fitted next Wednesday, but am starting to get a bad feeling that it is going to be the basic integration described above ... not really what I was looking for, or been prepared to pay $800 for! Will be interesting conversation if it ain't what I was expecting.

Does the basic system described above allow for voice dialling ... i.e. can you press a steering wheel button and say the name of the person you want to call, presuming that your phone supports it of course?

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
If possible you should try and determine if it is the same as the oem kit before it goes in to save yourself some time and labor.

as a side note
not sure if the dealers up here are happy to install byohits.

Dingah

Crusty Aviator
Car(s)
Audi SQ5
I am having my "properly integrated to RNS-510" bluetooth system fitted next Wednesday, but am starting to get a bad feeling that it is going to be the basic integration described above ... not really what I was looking for, or been prepared to pay $800 for! Will be interesting conversation if it ain't what I was expecting.

Does the basic system described above allow for voice dialling ... i.e. can you press a steering wheel button and say the name of the person you want to call, presuming that your phone supports it of course?

No.

Dingah

b00f12

Passed Driver's Ed
Not sure if it is the Nokia or the Parrot kit, but the one I had installed definately has voice dialing. Holding down the star button on the steering wheel gets a very polite female voice prompting me for an action... "Dial Name", "Dial Number" etc.

When it was installed, I think I was told it was from Siemens in Germany.

Jason.

Maverick

Go Kart Champion
Not sure if it is the Nokia or the Parrot kit, but the one I had installed definately has voice dialing. Holding down the star button on the steering wheel gets a very polite female voice prompting me for an action... "Dial Name", "Dial Number" etc.

When it was installed, I think I was told it was from Siemens in Germany.

That's the Skoda kit.

Flogged

Car(s)
Candy White Pacific
Does anyone know what installing the Bluetooth kit in a Mark V Pacific with the RCD 300 will cost?

Cheers,
Simon.

Last edited:

Dingah

Crusty Aviator
Car(s)
Audi SQ5
Ahaaa - Skoda.......the voice likely belongs to a dark haired East European apron-wearing country lass with horribly hairy armpits - eeeeew!

Dingah

Maverick

Go Kart Champion
Actually the voice is quite pleasant sounding.

The Skoda unit is a high end system and the voice recognition system is a Temic Star[REC] supplied system that works better then any other voice recognition I've used.

The only benefit to the new one being sold by VW is that it has A2DP music streaming but it misses out on all the other features of the Skoda unit.

Booba

Ready to race!
Not a very nice thing to say about Mavericks mother.. I find her quite pleasant :thumbsup:

Ahaaa - Skoda.......the voice likely belongs to a dark haired East European apron-wearing country lass with horribly hairy armpits - eeeeew!

Dingah

Mark4323

GTI Blue Graphite | DSG |
Ew!

Dingah

Crusty Aviator
Car(s)
Audi SQ5
more pleasant than his brother that is........:lol:

Dingah

robsal

A colleague and I both purchased from the same dealer in August and paid up front for the new VW bluetooth suitable for our RNS510's to be installed once it became available in October/November.
After waiting patiently, we both had the bluetooth installed yesterday. Imagine our surprise when we'd been expecting a fully integrated package, but just have the lame version which uses the buttons on the steering wheel, but not the touch screen and has less functionality than the temporary Motorola visor-mounted unit I've been using for the last 4 months.
Back to negotiations with the dealer.

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
Just tell them to shove it, and get a Parrot CK3100 or Bury CC9060 (can be fully voice driven and read out sms). I get the feeling the dealer is still not selling the proper premium kits (ie Skoda OEM) but calling them Premium.

The only benefit to the new one being sold by VW is that it has A2DP music streaming but it misses out on all the other features of the Skoda unit.

I wouldn't worry about that feature Maverick, streaming music via bluetooth sounds crap (although some people may like that feature).

Last edited: