GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aftermarket Head Unit Required?

Ballinfrogs

Go Kart Champion
If I put in an amp and 2 10's, will the stock headunit be able to work fine? just LOVE how the whole unti flows with the rest of the car and I really do like my 6 cd changer, so just wondering..thanks!

parapraxis24

Vdubber
Car(s)
MK7.5 Autobahn DSG
Yes, if your amp is capable of high level inputs then you'd just be tapping into the existing speaker wires for the input signal, if not, then you'll need a line out converter, which taps into existing speaker wires, but converts them to low level signal inputs, or RCAs, for your amp to use.

FSAE

Passed Driver's Ed
Stock head

Depends on what you want. If you just want more bass, use a line out converter to send a signal to your amp for your subs. If you want more highs too, but keep your stock head, buy a amp for your highs and run it off the same line out converter. Aftermarket highs will help too.

I am running a xtant X603 on my stock highs and a 10in kicker comp vr from my stock head unit. I have it tunned and equalized and it sounds pretty good, it probably sounds very good to anyone but an experience audiophile. I have an mb quart Q line 3 way to install, but have been satisfied enough with my current setup that I have been reluctant to install them.

Rush1

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 CW GTI-R 5 door
If I put in an amp and 2 10's, will the stock headunit be able to work fine? just LOVE how the whole unti flows with the rest of the car and I really do like my 6 cd changer, so just wondering..thanks!

I currently running the OEM HU to alpine power and 3 way DLS infront speaker and 2 way DLS for the rear speaker, plus a xetec as an output line for my focal sub. It sounded good, however I do noticed that the OEM HU could not really provide the best sound of the system, thus I am getting an aftermarket HU.

Alpine and Pioneer comes to mind. I will miss the look of the whole system, but would prefer a better souund myself.

Cheers

b3rollind3ville

Ready to race!
high low converter is all you need tap into the rear speakers and it will able you to run rcas off that converter