GOLFMKV

Defi Blue Racer Gauges [Installed]

KUGTI

Ready to race!
Where did you buy the gauges from?

Looks great btw.

yvrnycracer

Never has enough power...
I don't remember the exact color codes for the wires. However, if you follow the instruction and connect one to a constant 12v, one to an ignition source and one the illumination (solid gray) then your gauge will light up during the day and dims when you turn on the headlight.

thats how mine are set up... :w00t:

h911

Ready to race!
Very nice!!! I hate you.

MasterGunnZ

The sex
Car(s)
GTI
Nice set up.

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Use a multimeter and find a 12V constant power source in the fusebox. There are several available. This will give you an idea of where to look, it's where I've sourced the 12V on my own car. It is the red wire.

Use a blade crimp and that will sort you out.

alexgc

Turbochargers rock.
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
big thread revival...i'm thinking of getting a set of these defi racer gauges and a newsouth dashpod...for those with this set up, is there any windshield glare at night with the gauge's LEDs?

Vortec4800

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
So do these blue racer gauges all go to a single control box, or are they separate sensors for each one that need to go to the engine bay?

And for anyone with an oil-temp gauge, have you noticed how long it takes for the car to warm up from totally cold, and how much longer it takes than the coolant warm up time?

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
big thread revival...i'm thinking of getting a set of these defi racer gauges and a newsouth dashpod...for those with this set up, is there any windshield glare at night with the gauge's LEDs?

I did have some windshield glare but then I got the cowlings for each gauge (can't remember if the DEFI racer gauges come with the cowling)

So do these blue racer gauges all go to a single control box, or are they separate sensors for each one that need to go to the engine bay?

The DEFI Racer gauges each have their own line and a sensor. The DEFI-link BF gauges (like I have) have sensors inputs to the Control Unit II with a single line out of the control unit to the gauges.