GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ipod Adaptor

Sinjin

Rally Car Newbie
Any one attempted to add the Ipod adaptor to a new GTI? I heard that it is very weird in that you can not scroll through albums, artist, etc...just wanted to know what others have done. BTW my car arrives saturday! yahoo! I have a 30g Ipod video. Thanks

carsonlake

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
Having gone through this mess with my last car, I would say that most likely the VW adaptor will store the iPod in your glove box, limit you to several playlists and not give you and track information. If you want control from the ipod, the Neo Ion or similar product might be a better bet. www.mp3yourcar.com

Sinjin

Rally Car Newbie
Have any one used the Neo Ion? Does it work well? Also looking at the denison play+drive kit, but it seems too much to install on or around the dash. Any thoughts?

mllr

Go Kart Newbie
I'm thinking about getting the iPod kit when I pick up my GTI. How much extra cash is it? ...Also is it worth it, or could I just do it myself later?

dmclone

Oval Champion
I noticed there are two different types for the GTI. Which one is for MK5? I hope we can get the one where you can still control everything through the Ipod. The version where you have to go through the playlists seem like a pain.

h82bslo

Autocross Newbie
I purchased the version for $189 (neo ion). It states you can control everything through the iPod. I will hopefully put it in this weekend.

AJW

Go Kart Newbie
Just posted this info in another Ipod thread.
My understanding is the (neo ion) version will take your CD changer connector.
This version seems to allow parrallel connection so you can keep your changer and have the I-POD connected.

----------------------------------------------------------

Don't know if anyone has seen this I-POD adaptor.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VW-i...W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43947QQitemZ803962 6326QQrdZ1

This one allows you to keep your External CD changer (if you have one) plus allows local control of the I-POD if you require this.
Not sure if the connector is correct or if it will work with the SAT-NAV.

h82bslo

Autocross Newbie
you're right the neo ion uses the cd changer connector. this way you are able to control you music with the ipod, stereo and the steering wheel controls.
that was one of the reason i got this one. the spokes person showed a demo on the site. and also a quick installation on a honda s2k.
i'm just waiting for it to come in and i'll try to do the install this weekend.

h82bslo

Autocross Newbie
intall became stereo DIY

hey guys,
sent the neo ion back cause it didn't work as they have claimed.
after pluging in the adaptor all the cd's must be removed from the stereo to work. the steering wheel controls did not work with this adaptor neither. i was going to post install instructions but now it became a DIY stereo removal instead.
here is the link to the removal:
http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=693

and here are some pix to where the wire was coming out of.

Attachments

• IMG_2708.jpg
    IMG_2708.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 929
  • IMG_2707.jpg
    IMG_2707.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 919
  • IMG_2709.jpg
    IMG_2709.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 922

h82bslo

Autocross Newbie
it's not rca plugs in the back.
the plug that you see in the first picture is the plug that connects to your stereo.
i believe it was a ten pin parallel connector.