GOLFMKV

The Golfmk OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 11)

hairyblackrabbit

Powerful like a gorilla
I read it that way too.

thing is

8ft bed = awesome for work

single cab = shitty for people

single cab + 8ft bed = long but not freakish long, tows stable and great for work.

big cab + 8 ft bed= fuck me its the titanic

Last edited:

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
I read it that way too.

thing is

8ft bed = awesome for work

single cab = shitty for people

single cab + 8ft bed = long but not freakish long, tows stable and great for work.

big cab + 8 ft bed= fuck me its the titanic

That's what I meant too.

Also if I had a 4-door truck I'd have to get a short bed. Too long.

Isn't a 4-door short bed about the same as a single cab long bed?

In all honesty I really want a Raptor. Some good deals on the extended cab ones. The 4-door ones are literally 6-10k more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hairyblackrabbit

Powerful like a gorilla
That's what I meant too.

Also if I had a 4-door truck I'd have to get a short bed. Too long.

Isn't a 4-door short bed about the same as a single cab long bed?

In all honesty I really want a Raptor. Some good deals on the extended cab ones. The 4-door ones are literally 6-10k more.

Thing is

For my truck use, the 8ft bed is awesome.

I can get by without it, but i love having it.

live4something

Ready to race!
The raptors have the payload capacity of a pinto, they can tow alright. Idk the way I see it a raptor is a toy or, more commonly, an expensive trophy. Most people never use it for anything other than driving around town

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
^ this. Bosses kid had one. Used it fit "work". Just drove around. Had it for 2 years then traded it in cause it was too old. Over 35k miles, it averaged 13 mpg. He had quad cab though.

k04 and stuff.

hairyblackrabbit

Powerful like a gorilla
When they first came out the only ones i would see were spotless tax write off ones.

Now that they're depreciating some you occasionally see one with ladder racks loaded up, its pretty funny just because of how high it all ends up being.

Even my 3/4 ton 4x4 is too goddamn tall. Would have went 4x2 just to have a lower bed. Despite living in new england.

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
When they first came out the only ones i would see were spotless tax write off ones.

Now that they're depreciating some you occasionally see one with ladder racks loaded up, its pretty funny just because of how high it all ends up being.

Even my 3/4 ton 4x4 is too goddamn tall. Would have went 4x2 just to have a lower bed. Despite living in new england.

Lower it. You cab lower the 4x4 a little bit.

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
Stuck in phoenix for another two days because our turbos bloooowwww. Have to replace two of them now

I haven't completely followed along, but what's up with cummins? Are you fixing vehicles that people purchased or like beta units? Does
Cummins make their own turbos or out sourced?

k04 and stuff.