GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Driver Motorsport - from GIAC to DM - the journey begins 2/27

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
This was posted in an unrelated thread by OP Roh Echt.
Your software probably doesnt have enough clutch pressure, from what I have logged and chatting with some of the best DSG tuners out there, not all DSG softwares are created the same...

Go out and log 4th or 5th gear WOT pull and record blocks 10, 11, 12, and 19. This will log reported tq reading, clutch 1 and 2 pressures, and 19 is dsg fluid temp. If your not seeing over 13 bar of pressure, its all software related. My car bangs gears at over 500whp with close to 14 bar of pressure on high mileage stock clutches.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Well I think good news on the DriverMotorsport DSG tune. Auto Union Tuning in Huntington Beach is now a DM dealer and I am in the process of getting the install scheduled. Spoke with AUtuning today and just need to coordinate a time. This should supply the extra clamping force needed and get rid of the DSG slipping seen on the dyno runs.

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
Well that's good. I'd make a trip down there for a DM Tune. The only other offer is Revo, and eh. Would rather have matching software.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Well I am going to go Unitronic DSG tune to try and fix my DSG slipping problem. Getting Unitronic Stage III DSG installed Saturday morning - AU Tuning in Huntington Beach.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Why the change from DM to Uni for the DSG tune?

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Why the change from DM to Uni for the DSG tune?

I currently have GIAC DSG tune/ 200nm clamping. I was hoping to go DM DSG but have not been able to acquire it because there were no dealers. I asked GIAC if they would alter the setting on my GIAC DSG tune, initially they said yes, sort of but when I was ready to buy today they declined.

Recently I discovered that AU Tuning is a DM dealer. So a couple of weeks ago I tried to order the DM tune and as of today the dealer has not heard from DM. I need a solution and can't get DM DSG so Unitronic is a well tested solution and it is readily available. Gotta go with what you can get sometimes. Looking forward to it. I will start a new thread for review of the Unitronic DSG tune.

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Good luck!! I haven't had the best luck with Uni, but the off the self dsg tune should work fine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
It's the growing pains of any tuning company, they start small, offer custom tunes and people flock to them. Then their customer base increases, they no longer offer as many custom tunes because of lack of personnel and it doesn't make good business sense (cost vs. benefit). Unitronic went through the same cycle.

Last edited:

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Let me know if the unitronic will fix it for you or not as I have the slipping issue too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will post seat of the pants results this weekend but it will probably take me a couple of weeks to get to the dyno for real evidence.

U.G.MKV

Stealth mode
Car(s)
2007 mkv
Is DM dying? They dont seem to be responsive.
I was afraid this was going to happen. That's exactly why I didn't jump in the f23 whirlwind. Remember last greatest company .DO tuning? Looks like the exact same story. I'l stick with Revo it's been seven years and never once had to call for support and I can play with the tune myself.

Carfreak226

Detailer Extraordinaire
Car(s)
2007 GTI MKV
Well I am going to go Unitronic DSG tune to try and fix my DSG slipping problem. Getting Unitronic Stage III DSG installed Saturday morning - AU Tuning in Huntington Beach.

Love the guys at AUTuning! Raz and Dave are great do do business with, and they definitely do top notch work!