GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

what did you do to your mkv today?

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
What a great car! I know what you mean with the acceleration, its neck snapping, any DSG AWD launch is crazy!

I think thats what i'm getting next too, hopefully in a couple of years, its just a beast! 380hp to the crank with stage 1 according to APR

WHEN are you getting stage 1???
I may go for the Neuspeed Power Module later on.

I like the plug and play in 15 mins. Can be removed without detection.
The VW Techs and service manager at my dealer shared that VW and Audi will not be hesitate in voiding warranties if they detect a tune.

I'm concerned with turbo failure. A friend in Germany has a stock engine and has blown one turbo already at Nurburgring. He's one the track often.

Believe me this thing has plenty of power already and the ride height is perfect.

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
Finally did it, with raceland ultimos. And Alzor's 621... pretty cheap set up, but gorgeous looks.

No longer a low virgin. I haven't measured, but i believe its below 24.5 FTG. Ill wait until it settles and see...

The ultimos had to be raised to fit the massive 19x8.5 ET35 wheels with tiny 215/35 falkens 453 that look more like 205's. For that the fenders were rolled and the front where flared.

I was going to be happy with removing most of the fender gap, i had no intention of going THAT low, i didn't think they would flare the front, i said roll, but it looks incredible..

The plastic inside the front drivers fender is getting destroyed, and according to the installer will just shred off.. which makes sense?

Anyways, its way better ridding than the 75k mile old suspension to be honest. Much stiffer, the steering feels more responsive, less body roll, more control. I like where this car is going.

Next purchase is a HPFP strut kit, looking at you eurocars, how do i install it? Do i use loc tight? red? how do i thread it in?

That will be mate with an APR HPFP and then stage 2+. Cant wait. Then back to maintenance... timing belt, CV boot, intake valve clean, transmission fluid flush.

I'm gonna give it a good couple plus more years of use, for sure past 100k. I maybe get a LSD in there one day, i'm pissed off no car within my budget has one... might as well put one on a car i have paid off, and enjoy that for more time...

thats the beauty of the aftermarket upgrade.

edit: oh, im getting euro tails for sure.

edit2: those pics are before the a tad more camber was added during the alignment, it was dark by then, no pics.

DerSock

Ready to race!
It would look better if it werent wrapped^^

Maine-Rider

Finally did it, with raceland ultimos. And Alzor's 621... pretty cheap set up, but gorgeous looks.

No longer a low virgin. I haven't measured, but i believe its below 24.5 FTG. Ill wait until it settles and see...

The ultimos had to be raised to fit the massive 19x8.5 ET35 wheels with tiny 215/35 falkens 453 that look more like 205's. For that the fenders were rolled and the front where flared.

I was going to be happy with removing most of the fender gap, i had no intention of going THAT low, i didn't think they would flare the front, i said roll, but it looks incredible..

The plastic inside the front drivers fender is getting destroyed, and according to the installer will just shred off.. which makes sense?

Anyways, its way better ridding than the 75k mile old suspension to be honest. Much stiffer, the steering feels more responsive, less body roll, more control. I like where this car is going.

Next purchase is a HPFP strut kit, looking at you eurocars, how do i install it? Do i use loc tight? red? how do i thread it in?

That will be mate with an APR HPFP and then stage 2+. Cant wait. Then back to maintenance... timing belt, CV boot, intake valve clean, transmission fluid flush.

I'm gonna give it a good couple plus more years of use, for sure past 100k. I maybe get a LSD in there one day, i'm pissed off no car within my budget has one... might as well put one on a car i have paid off, and enjoy that for more time...

thats the beauty of the aftermarket upgrade.

edit: oh, im getting euro tails for sure.

edit2: those pics are before the a tad more camber was added during the alignment, it was dark by then, no pics.

Im digging those wheels. $400 bucks for set of 4 is awesome too. How do they seem to be holding up?

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
Yeap, its plasti dip, its not for everyone, but honestly the paint is in bad shape, this is for the best haha, if anything it protects whats left of it. For my next attempt, i'm gonna try this top coat

Im digging those wheels. $400 bucks for set of 4 is awesome too. How do they seem to be holding up?

Well, its 499* plus shipping, which added up to 650$ almost.

Not good actually, during the tire mount, one rim was nicked in two places hard, down to the black undercoat. The shop used touched up paint to cover it up and contacted ECS, demanding warranty, saying they have the best tools and that shouldn't happen. If i don't get it, then "they would give me credit"

I went on my way with a good 500 lb in old tire/rims and suspension, drove it afterwards a couple more times, obviously carefully. Then, the next afternoon, i got to check the tire pressure and discover the rear rims' "lips" had been scratched by the fender, at points its scrapped to the black undercoat and a couple of times the scratches went deeper into the wheel.

Its a very fine long thin scratch running through almost the whole lip, but not where a curb rash would happen, on top of it almost (as the tire is pretty stretched). Its night right now, ill get good pictures tomorrow so you can understand better. Nonetheless, im assuming this is an odd issue? i couldn't find anything about rims getting scratched or "rubbing."

They are 19x8.5 ET35 and the tires are 215/35, the tires (Falken FK 453) seem to be running thin because they look more like 205 on the 8.5 inch rim.

Anyways, i took it back as carefully as i could and they gave it 0.6 degrees more of rear camber, putting it at 3.4 total and raised the rear between 1/4-1/2 inch. Do you guys think thats enough clearance created to stop that from happening?

And, in my opinion, after the rear raise, it now looks level to me, i felt it was too low in the rear from the start, but they said the flared fenders make the front look higher, which very well may be.

In the end, they told me the rim was to blame, and that it should not have happened. Then they re-align the rear and don't charge me anything (that was the store credit, a tad over $100 worth of work). I drove it home, and it seems like it stopped happening. what do you guys think?

Last edited:

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
Yea, it was worth the try though lol

I did think of getting them powdercoated... The rims aren't that bad themselves, they balanced fine, weight 29lb.. ok for the size and "OEM" style, and are holding just fine, its the paint thats shitty.

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
$650 is better spent towards wheels you want. Don't settle for something that fits what you can afford right now. Save then splurge on something you really want.

Nitrorea

Ready to race!
There's a reason those wheels are so cheap, they're crap

Not to get too far off subject in this thread but I don't entirely agree with this statement. IMO for everyday use using standard ET and suspension set up's I think they are fine. They carry the same standards and specifications as everything else.

Now when used in extreme circumstances like this with stretched tires, odd camber angles and fender rubbing then yes they are probably not ideal. Just my 2 cents.....

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Cheap wheels are cheap, but they do look good. I did 90k service on the wife's 2010.