GOLFMKV

Dension iPod hook-up

RedlineMotorworks

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2007 BMP GTI
Sinjin said:
looks promising. are you getting this?

I think it's a lot better than the OEM one...
The OEM one causes you to lose your CD playing ability, and the song titles don't show up on the radio.
I know Dension allows you to see what is being played on the radio, but I don't know about the CD changer situation. I'm sure it keeps it in tact.

Sinjin

Rally Car Newbie
Anyone have this? I am in dire need for my Ipod fix and the factory one does not cut it.

laserjock

Autocross Newbie
The original site does not show a US dealer. However there is a US site.

http://www.densionusa.com/dice_prod_info.php

Bad news is, if you use the form at the bottom of the page you'll find that it isn't compatible if you select 2006 VW GTI. :mad:

But if you select VW Jetta or Passat there is a kit available... Aren't they the same head units? :iono: Even so, the product info also states: "NOTE: Volkswagen radios do not support the text display feature."

So I guess even if it were to work with our GTIs I'm not so certain I'd use it.

Bomar

Drag Race Newbie
yet???

any got this yet. I had it in my BMW it was great but they (denison) stated that the gti radio doesn't support ID3 tags but it does.

I was waiting on someone else to try before I bought it.

Thanks

Bomar

Rob Braun

Passed Driver's Ed
I have it and it works great. I doesn't show your songs because of a limitation on the stereo. Here's a picture. One nice feature compared to VW solution is that you can scroll and browse directly on the ipod.

etang789

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Rob Braun said:
I have it and it works great. I doesn't show your songs because of a limitation on the stereo. Here's a picture. One nice feature compared to VW solution is that you can scroll and browse directly on the ipod.

Are you able to keep the VW stock CD changer working? I want to add Aux in but without loosing the CD changer in the arm rest.

Rob Braun

Passed Driver's Ed
etang789 said:
Are you able to keep the VW stock CD changer working? I want to add Aux in but without loosing the CD changer in the arm rest.

If you have the cd changer in the armrest in will not work since this solution connects to the stereo where your cd changer connects..But if you have the built in cd changer it should work.

Jon Whitehouse

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
Hi.

Connects2 also do an iPod solution for VW : http://www.connects2.com/c2search.aspx?catID=27&manID=235&modID=780.

This adapter connects where the original changer connects so you would have to sacrifice the changer, but all your music could be uploaded to your iPod anyway. It does not support Text on the VW head unit the only adapter we do that does support text is the FM RDS modulator version which takes the iPod track name and encodes it in RDS format and transmits it to your head unit. The audio quality is very good but not as good as the CD connected version.

jonas22

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
ok, one more question, if you have sat radio, does it allow that to stay active?