GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmk OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 11)

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Is your car running strong because I've got an 06 too and, knock on wood, it's been a peach.

Yup. I had a couple major mishaps early (new long block and dual-mass flywheel), but since about 50k miles, I've been pretty solid. Currently sitting at 141,000 miles and she's been running great.

'06's are the best year. Its when they still spent money on making MKV's before all the cost reduction happened. Mine is an 11/05 build

I've heard this as well. Mostly around the time when they released the mechatronic recall and 06 wasn't included. Apparently they cheapened up the DSG as well. I have to find my actual build date. Is it under the foam in the hatch?

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
I've heard this as well. Mostly around the time when they released the mechatronic recall and 06 wasn't included. Apparently they cheapened up the DSG as well. I have to find my actual build date. Is it under the foam in the hatch?

Door jam as well.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Mine is an April 2006 build. Had the lovely 1 piece "Type A" intake camshaft that let loose in April 2009 at 46k. Same weekend I was at Tail of the Dragon with the R32's. I'm betting that sitting at near redline the whole time did not help the situation.

106k later on the same Type B cam and the APR HPFP.

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
Mine came with type a but I got a type b free from the dealer when my turbo blew up around 30k miles. Thank god that was under warranty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Late 08 production, most of the FSI issues sorted out and none of the new 08.5 TSI problems...

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
Mine was 11/05. A type cam. Never had a cam follower problem, or a HPFP issue until the end. B type cam @ 52k miles HPFP LPFP and many other things. According to carfax my MKV probably got crushed in 2010.

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
Figured out how to adjust the doors on the MKV, it's wicked simple if anyone is having door sagging issues. You just barely loosen the triplesquare bolt that's in the top hinge (it's facing the ground) have someone lift the door up and then re-tighten that bolt.

My doors were sagged so bad it started to rub the paint off on the bottom of the door sill.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
On my commute into work today I had a Maserati in front of me and an R8 behind me. I could tell they were afraid of the added horsepower of my OEM+ sticker.