GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmk OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 11)

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I totally believe that. There needs to be more cost restrictions, more teams, a fixed fuel limit, and 2nd tire manufacture (though the 3rd option is great) and then wide open engine rules. I'd be totally fine with some people running V10s and some people running turbo 4's. Whatever works for you.

The engine freeze is killing F1. Teams can get close to Mercedes but no one will ever take them down as long as the current engine freeze lasts. I'd sure like to see Ross Brawn come out of retirement.

Just an FYI, people are getting anxious...
http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162273&page=4

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
^ Hahaha

I agree Mark. IMO they need to go back to the retarded power levels they once had. Racing is supposed to be dangerous. Even at the level they're at now, people can die. Why not make it more exciting like it use to be. Plus the V10 engine sounds.

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
They're at retarded power levels in my opinion. Making between 800 and 900hp out of a 1.6L 6 cylinder? And the reliability! They almost never break down. During the glory years your talking about sure in qualifying trim they would make 1400-1600hp but those engines lasted 3 laps. Three! in race trim they made just as much HP as we do now.

Really its just bad management. It can't be any more obvious with how they started this years qualifying how clueless they are. Bernie needs to step down, Jean Todt needs to step down. There needs to be young blood, and more manufactures back in F1. VW/Audi has been toying with it for years but with their sucess in LMP1 and the bullshit politics of F1, why bother? Toyota spent a billion dollars, scored 1 point. Lets not even get started on Super Aguri Honda.

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
New post for a totally separate conversation. Has anyone ever had to do an in-person assessment with a management psychologist before as part of a job interview? All I know is they will be testing my personality, analytical, and language skills and could take up to three hours... No idea what to expect.

I've done it as part of early training before I was off the chopping block.

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
I totally believe that. There needs to be more cost restrictions, more teams, a fixed fuel limit, and 2nd tire manufacture (though the 3rd option is great) and then wide open engine rules. I'd be totally fine with some people running V10s and some people running turbo 4's. Whatever works for you.

The engine freeze is killing F1. Teams can get close to Mercedes but no one will ever take them down as long as the current engine freeze lasts. I'd sure like to see Ross Brawn come out of retirement.

Tires in F1 are fine.

They are going the wrong direction next year with MORE areo. so dumb.

Please give them the bigger tires for more mechanical grip, that's what will give us more passing!!!

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I've done it as part of early training before I was off the chopping block.
It was interesting. Four total tests adding up to about 500 questions. Took a little over 2 hours to complete followed by a short interview with the psychologist. This is the last step in the company's process, so now I'm just playing the waiting game.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

live4something

Ready to race!
It was interesting. Four total tests adding up to about 500 questions. Took a little over 2 hours to complete followed by a short interview with the psychologist. This is the last step in the company's process, so now I'm just playing the waiting game.

Good luck!

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!

As long as you're normal you're fine. lol