GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmk OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 11)

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
Speed limit is only on the long straight where you enter/exit the rest is go as fast as you want!

I ended up renting a Renault Clio Sport since all the swifts from rent4ring are on r-comps and I didn't think that was a good idea since it was 31 degrees outside and the track was wet.

It was sooooooo slippery! I had wheel spin all over and slid into almost every braking zone. That said on my fastest lap I still hit 110 MPH twice which was pretty sketchy. Lol

I passed a ton of 911s and faster cars with the Renualt. I posted two lap videos on FB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
My fastest lap was in the 11 minute range which considering the conditions and slow speed on the long straight I think I was going about as fast as the local regulars.

On my first lap it was actually snowing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

live4something

Ready to race!
It's a shame the weather was crappy, there is nothing more satisfying than nailing brunnchen. I was able to get the back end of the Swift to rotate just enough to stay WOT and just kiss the far side rumble without plowing through the turn.

Glad to hear you had fun anyway! Enjoy the rest of your trip

Last edited:

live4something

Ready to race!
You've got me feeling nostalgic!

I was still stock turbo and brakes at the time. Took it a lot easier in the GTI. I was still stock turbo and stock brakes. Plus it was my ride home!

live4something

Ready to race!
I've raced that track so many times in countless video games, I couldn't imagine doing it in real life.

How does the insurance work with the rental cars?
Video games can legitimately help you remember the sequence of the track, but do nothing to prepare you for the elevation changes and constantly changing track surface.

For the rentals you are responsible for whatever the rental company states as "insurance excess" essentially your deductible. It's not a small amount either

live4something

Ready to race!
There are photographers that take tons of pictures and sell them online. Just look up Nurburgring photographers and you should be able to find some of you out there. Most sites are cataloged by date. Some are even cataloged by make or country (European license plates have letters to show the country it's registered in) you'll notice the "I" on the plate on my car

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
There are photographers that take tons of pictures and sell them online. Just look up Nurburgring photographers and you should be able to find some of you out there. Most sites are cataloged by date. Some are even cataloged by make or country (European license plates have letters to show the country it's registered in) you'll notice the "I" on the plate on my car

Sweet! Thanks!