GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

A few odd things when I changed my LPFP today...

Stranded in Daytona

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 2 door TR GTI
So the previous owner of my car told me that he replaced the LPFP with a cheap aftermarket one b/c he couldn't afford an oem one. My car has been having fuel cuts under boost, so I decided to swap in a lightly used LPFP from a 2008 FSI gti.

My first issue is that when I lifted up the rear bench seat, I found a little bit of water (Rained like hell yesterday) under the bench seat on the drivers side... not a lot, but there was some water. Then I felt the cushion of the bench seat and the drivers side was soaked. Where is this water coming from?

My second issue was this:

I did as the DIY states and I unplugged the LPFP, as well as removed the Fuel Pump fuse.

I ran the car and waited for it to cut off due to lack of fuel... which never happened :iono: I ran it for probably about 5 mins and it never cut off.

So I put the fuse back in, and cut the car off. I decided to relieve the pressure in the fuel pump by the shrader valve on the HPFP... when I did that, there was almost no gas that came out at all.

The only other hard part about this swap was when I put the new pump in, it was a nightmare to get seated back into the tank. It would not go in with the gasket fully on the pump. I ended up having to set the gasket in the tank opening, and then sliding the fuel pump into the gasket. The entire job took 45 mins... 30 of which was me trying to get the damn pump seated again:mad:

I hope this fixes my fuel cut issues... if not, it's on to the low pressure fuel censor, and then the lpfp wiring harness.

Stranded in Daytona

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 2 door TR GTI
So, I drove the car, and my fuel cuts are still happening, but not nearly as bad. The car holds boost better, and sometimes I get a very small cut, other times boost just drops faster than it should.

I did see that my low pressure fuel sensor is the old version, as well as my LPFP wiring harness.

Most of the time the car will run as it siphons, I've seen this alot and it's all I can guess. I just will put some rags and let em soak up the fuel...

And you did the gasket the correct way, it's supposed to go on the tank not the pump.