GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

It's quiet in here since the mk7 came out...

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 GOLF GTI MKV
Wow. Still happy with the MK5? :)

Still love it since I bought it new in 07.
It still makes me look back at it when parked and puts a smile on my face when driving. Never let me down and not to mention I've invested stupid money into it so its a keeper for me.:thumbsup:

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
Yay!!
Not totally convinced by the usefulness of the paddle shifts, the car still overrides me and changes gear which kind of makes the paddle shifts obsolete (IMO)..Again, no complaints with S mode though (although gf is starting to question why my fuel economy is so much poorer than hers)...

Anyway.... speak to you all later

Put the car into manual mode, then use the paddle shifters.

CharlieMKV

Go Kart Champion
I Got rid of my MKV a few years ago. its the first Car i bought brand new, late 07, with 4 miles on it. I have soft spot for them lol. will probably pick up a used 09 with low miles in the near futures just to toy with.

FastEddieGTI

Car(s)
2008 VW Golf GTI 3dr
Put the car into manual mode, then use the paddle shifters.

Eric6014 said:
Are you using them in manual mode? If you shift while in D or S, the car is designed to switch back over to automatic mode after a short time. Leave it in M and you won't have this problem. A stage 1 tune will also eliminate the rev limiter and prevent automatic shifts close to red line.

Thanks guys!!!! Been getting a lot more driving done in it over the last week or so and my love is growing! Haven't been paddling much, but using the S mode and it is great!! The constant power through the revs and the sound is fantastic. The cornering is also growing on me. The car is stock.

Can I also get your thoughts on another topic? It's to do with when I start up the car. It always starts but the 'turning over' sound is kind of asthmatic (not the best way to describe it), where it isn't quite spluttering but it also doesn't sound like it is giving 100% to the ignition process. The car then starts but does sound a little rough as it warms up (that is fine though, it idles well). I've replaced the spark plugs, without much effect. I don't think it is the battery/alternator as I haven't noticed any other power related issues. I suppose it could be one of those two though. Any ideas? Maybe it is a common thing and I'm making a mountain out of a molehill, or maybe not. Anyway, if you could let me know your thoughts (or a link to a suitable thread) that would be great. Thanks again.

Mark4323

GTI Blue Graphite | DSG |
Been on here since 08 too. I love my GTI, just did 70k over the weekend. I don't do enough mileage to buy a new car and all is mostly okay.

I upgraded the handbrake, gear knob and steering wheel to edition 35. Having problems with the steering wheel. I will have to post in the relevant section.

whoalse

Snap8
Car(s)
Silva Bullet
Just did under 90.6k over the weekend and have been here since 09. It still puts a smile/grin on my face every time I get the chance for some twisties at speed. ?