GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need pics of rear 2 dr window tints!!! HELP!

CrAsH721

Girl w/ a rabbit
ok so i got my windows tinted and i have a 2 dr rabbit but the 2 back windows have a lot of defects in them because of those little dots around them and i hate it so i took it back to the guy and he said well there is nothing i can do about that so i said well do it over again. He said that it is always going to be like that but i think i have seen some people with it all filled in those damn little dots so if i could have some close up pics of the back window tints to show the guy that would be awesome! thanks guys by the way i need them by tomorrow thanks!!! :thumbup:

Hurley6x

Ready to race!
that usually means they didnt wipe off the glass well enough and there is some small debris underneath the tint... ill try and get some pics tomorrow.

Nikerey

Darkness
no shes talking about the matrix around the windows. The only thing you can do is sand them down before you install the tint

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
get your $ back and go somewhere else...

iowarabbit

cornfed.
Car(s)
07K '09 Audi TT
no shes talking about the matrix around the windows. The only thing you can do is sand them down before you install the tint

x2, that's what i get out of it... which is the proper way to install tint. if it's sloppy and uneven around the matrix, then it's wrong definitely get it re-done properly. if the job is good over the main glass and cleanly follows the edge of the matrix but just doesn't have 'those little dots' covered, that's how it's supposed to be done and the shop is in no way at fault.

CrAsH721

Girl w/ a rabbit
no the dots are covered and half coverd i mean if he would just pick a way to do it that would be great he said they dont scrap dots but it looks so bad half on and half off of all these dots ITS HORRIBLE! but ill go talk to him today thanks guys im going over right now to see what can be done.

got my windows done last week and yes it's the same around the dot matrix. you could try to get it redone, but if its the same shop then obviously it'll be the same, and if you signed anything from them that says the tint may not adhere properly around the dot matrix they may not have to give you your money back, but it's worth a try.

kidkusu

My other ride is a UH-60
no the dots are covered and half coverd i mean if he would just pick a way to do it that would be great he said they dont scrap dots but it looks so bad half on and half off of all these dots ITS HORRIBLE! but ill go talk to him today thanks guys im going over right now to see what can be done.

yea i havnt looked at how my guy did mine, but there are no bubbles. I know on my last car they cut the film to fit right under the dots and then they lined the untinted part with like a black tape. formt he outside you could not tell the diff. cause of the darkness of the tint. here is a pic of mine though. sorry it is not a close up, but it is all i have as for my car is in Alabama and I am in Korea

Attachments

• 100_0558.jpg
    100_0558.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 541

Hurley6x

Ready to race!
oh i misread this then, yeah the tint shop i went to opted not to go over the matrix but its clean and consistent all the way around

PanthersNHL7

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
yea where i went, i had it like that but after about a week they slowly started to blend in.

dyno where in CS, im on the border of CS and parkland

CrAsH721

Girl w/ a rabbit
I got it done at tint world and i went to see him he said there is no fixing it he just says that always happens so w/e i got it done like 2 months ago waiting for it to even out but it still has not so w/e

Ric0

Ready to race!
i have the same issue... i never liked tints... but i thought i would give it a try... with all honesty i hate it... the only reason i havent removed it is because of how hot/humid is right now...