GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Loaner car

DubtecV2

Touring Car Newbie
My GTI has just over 1,400 miles and s scheduled to be for service tomorrow (replacing third brake light/spoiler). they said it should be a couple days before it's ready due to the fact that the spoiler must be cut off.

Anyway, the service rep that I scheduled my appoint said VW does not pay for a loaner car. This kinda baffles me that VW doesn not pay for loaner cars Honestly, I think the person I talked to is full of sh*t.

Any input?

sarny

Ready to race!
That is pretty weak. When I had a 1998 Jetta and whether it needed warranty
service or the 5,10, 20,000 mile service, I always received a free rental car.
That was from Van Nuys VW in Van Nuys, Ca.

DubtecV2

Touring Car Newbie
Called back and spoke to my salesman. He said that VW's policy is to not give a loaner if the service is not overnight. He also offered to get me a loaner if it does end up being overnight.

Whether the service rep I spoke with was wrong or ignorant, my salesman has it sorted out, so far.

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
When I got a loaner from VW they gave me a red Beetle convertible.

I felt like the biggest homo this side of the Mississippi. Good lord was the GTI quick after driving that pig.

DubtecV2

Touring Car Newbie
^ lol, I had to ride in a new Beetle to pick up my GTI when I bought it...imagine three guys goin down the highway jammin' out in a Beetle! Quite the sight....

RJS5689

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
2006 MKV GTI
DubtecV2 said:
^ lol, I had to ride in a new Beetle to pick up my GTI when I bought it...imagine three guys goin down the highway jammin' out in a Beetle! Quite the sight....
My good girlfriend drives a silver bettele... so one day i took her keys and went for a dirve, i pulled up to alight and out loud i said "oh crap, i feel like the biggest queen ever driving this thing" and then i proceded to duck so i could not be seen driving. oh god was it awkward. it must have also been wierd seeing some psycho teenage guy GUY driving a bettle like its a sports car

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
The only manufacturer that I know of who supports loaners/rentals is Mazda. I can tell you Ford, Chrysler, Honda, Nissan do not as I've owned those recently.