GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official "discussed at the weekly meet thread"!!

TheDome

faster than u think u are
A place for us to discuss stuff from our weekly meet, so we don't have to go thru 8 pages to find it.:w00t:

Last edited:

TheDome

As for my Boost/Vac issue......Problem solved. The gauge self calibrates with each ignition cycle. I had it hooked to an accesory (not true ignition) source...so it would calibrate then when the car cranked the accesory would drop out and come back on once the crank cycle was complete...leading to a zero calibration woth vacume present...about 10 lbs at that moment.....making my 0 actally at about 10 psi instead of 0....move it to a true ignition source.....calibrates at key on....cranks and reads20 psi of vacume at idle. got 15 psi on the way to work ;-)....Thanks to all for our spirited math discussion.

MKVelocity

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
nice. Hey I meant to tell you yesterday that there is a way to get rid of that check engine light. Im not sure if it works for our vehicles but it has worked for the mk4's and underneath them. This guy created this below which goes into your second sensor after the cat. "In order for the CEL to not illuminate the ECU needs to see altered readings from the second oxygen sensor. The readings needs to be slower in frequency and overall less than the first oxygen sensor. This can be achieved by pulling the nose of the sensor out of the stream of gases. It is important to get this just right. If the sensor doesn't see enough gases a new code will be thrown. If the nose is not pulled far enough out the readings are barely affected."

to get in contact with the guy you have to email him at spaethschmidt@yahoo.com.

But then I was like why go through all that hassel when you have a company that makes something similiar.

http://weapon-r.com/english/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=6219

TheDome

yeah i looked into them when i had the problem originally....noone seems to be able to say "this will cure it" hence my obdII quick scanner solution.

15psi is a pretty good peak for stock. Most people only see 12, hold 10. Bet the 3" APR exhaust has something to do with that...what is it holding?

Yea the math thing was fun, too bad it took us so long to figure it out! I was up till 1 reading on how to do logs and stuff.

MKVelocity

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
Dome.. Alright I found out, for like simple things like de-cat files, like check engine lights for the cat, there is no charge, basically the simple things, but for example if you were to want to up the boost or put in a Big Turbo kit then those charges would apply, but as for the big turbo kit they wouldnt be able to do it unless they have the car so they can do it in house.

You already have the TBE, why not just get an intake and APR Stage 2? Fucker would FLY! No CELS :)

TheDome

soon enough....just got confirmation that my neuspeed pipes will be here tuesday the latest......now if i can get that intake here by then i'll be all set for a flash......which flash i still haven't decided but that bluefin from superchips is in the lead right now.....so that would make me what?? stage 3 ;-)

So purty!!!

sk8chip98

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV
WOW.... those are some nice heads

I wish i had a camera last night to tape all of talking about psi, bar, conversions and math .... it was great :)

im glad Jason (right) Dome figured out what the deal was. You know that its always something stupid like that