GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

bubbles in dealer fitted tint

sola|2a

vdubinmatownhaus
does anyone know whether bubbles in tint can be fixed at all? i've noticed some bubbles at the edge of the windows and am not happy with the overall quality of the job. will raise the problem with the dealer but am worried that they will f*ck things up even more. :iono:

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
does anyone know whether bubbles in tint can be fixed at all? i've noticed some bubbles at the edge of the windows and am not happy with the overall quality of the job. will raise the problem with the dealer but am worried that they will f*ck things up even more. :iono:

how long has it been since the job got done? I ask because for about 1 month after i got my tint done (huper optik); I could see some bubbles that needed to be baked in the sun to settle. Now it's perfect, so if you haven't left it in the sun for a while, then try that.

sola|2a

vdubinmatownhaus
thanks for the tip mate ... i got the car a the beginning of the year (2 Jan)... and no i dont leave the car in the sun PERIOD.

i guess i will try that and if it dont work the dealer's gonna hear from me !!!

moomoonel

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
tint comes lifetime warranty doesn't it
at least mine does

Hong Chau

Banned
Yes, all tint should come with lifetime warranty and if there are any problems the dealer should fix it free of charge.

WLDGTI

What dealer?. I had the same got them to replace it. but watch the hatch they might damage the demister lines when they pull the old tint off.

nike61

Ready to race!
Bubbles tend to remain for a month or two when first fitted. I had one remain on the drivers side, so during first service then had it replaced. Most tints come with lifetime warranty, in fact I had a car 3 years old then got bubbles and they replaced, providing you have the original warranty certificate.