GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

windsheild washer not working

06 black magic gti

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2006 BMP GTI
went to use my windsheild washers today and nothing happenend. i checked the resevor and it was dry, filled her back up and still nothing, i cant even hear the pump turning on. could the pump be froze since there was not fluid in the tank. or maybe the pump just took a shit and died?

UMassJ77

JawnY
Car(s)
MKV GTI DSG
went to use my windsheild washers today and nothing happenend. i checked the resevor and it was dry, filled her back up and still nothing, i cant even hear the pump turning on. could the pump be froze since there was not fluid in the tank. or maybe the pump just took a shit and died?

you can also check your fuses...it could just be a blown fuse.

06 black magic gti

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2006 BMP GTI
is there fuse diagram avalible? or do i have to just pull all of them one at a time and look for the bad one?

UMassJ77

JawnY
Car(s)
MKV GTI DSG
I can email you the FUSE Diagram of MKVs in pdf.

drop me an email at UMASSJ77@HOTMAIL.COM and i will reply with it.

UMassJ77

JawnY
Car(s)
MKV GTI DSG

06 black magic gti

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2006 BMP GTI
thanks alot for the help hopefully its jsut a bad fuse or relay

06 black magic gti

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2006 BMP GTI
so i ended up checking out all the fuses and everything seemed ok....the next day it was above freezing and the windsheild washers were working just fine. ...then again the next night (9 degrees) they stopped working. i remembered there being a fuse for left and righ washer nozzles...i checked them and the fuse is fine. im sure it has to be the nopzzle heaters if it works when it warmer out and not when its really cold.

FlyingFlynn

Missing the snow
Car(s)
r32
see if you can blow out the lines completely. Then refill with water and an additive so it won't freeze. some of that shit you get at the gas station is too thick, messes up the pump.

06 black magic gti

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2006 BMP GTI
well when i originally noticed that my washers wernt working i think i may have been out of fluid....i was really low but not out, i bought some good new stuff with a freezing point of -25f. and on one of the warmer days when they worked i turned them on for a long time to get the old fluid out.... they didnt work again last night car said 6 degrees but they work now 42 degrees

Pat the Rat

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Did you ever get your washers working again? My rear washer quit on me and I don't know why. It's been too cold lately to see if warm weather might cure it. I wanted to blow out the lines with my air compressor but am not sure how to even get to them!

spartanrabbit09

ask me about my wiener
Car(s)
09 Rabbit
this same thing happened to my rabbit...i just took it back to the dealer and they gave a new rear motor and cleaned/ replaced the lines...

Pat the Rat

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I can definitely hear the motor, so I believe that's working (could be running and not pumping, but I doubt it). The fact that my front ones work makes me think it's not frozen (I have -25° fluid in there), so i suspect some sort of blockage or a disconnected line. I'll have to figure out the best way to access the lines near the reservoir.