GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI vs 540i

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
IIRC the 540 was good for very low 14s. Seems reasonable that you took the GTI even if it was Stage 1.

I've always liked those old bimmer lead sleds. So, is it a treat to drive? Super quiet and comfortable? I'm just a lil jelly, TBH.

E) the gti wasn't even racing.

I got a gti or 5 for you to run here I assure you the outcome would be different

darkorb

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 Rabbit
^ You're a badass.

bhmkv

Auto Body Appraiser
Car(s)
07 CW GTI
Looks like:

a). You are an incredible driver, he cannot drive for shit
b). Your car is running awesome, his car is not running well
c). all of the above
d). bs

lol all day.......this

dohc324ci

Ready to race!
Car(s)
03 Mercury Marauder
I eat BMW 540s for lunch.....in the Mustang and Marauder;)

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
I eat BMW 540s for lunch.....in the Mustang and Marauder;)

Sure, but a 540 is a lot classier, all day long.

I'd be happy to have a Marauder or Stang, too, but there's no denying how cool it would be to drive a big old German sled like that. :cool:

dohc324ci

Ready to race!
Car(s)
03 Mercury Marauder
No doubt they are luxury cars but the look of one face when the big ole black taxi cab smokes their high end luxury car is priceless;) they only made 11k Marauders between 03/04 so that only adds to the fun.

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
^ I'd also expect a Marauder to be a lot more reliable than most modified German cars. I dig em.

dohc324ci

Ready to race!
Car(s)
03 Mercury Marauder
^ I'd also expect a Marauder to be a lot more reliable than most modified German cars. I dig em.

Yeah the thing I love about the Marauder is what you can do to a Mustang SVT Cobra you can essentially do to a Mercury Marauder modification wise.

The little VW GTI is really fun to drive though! DSG in S mode is a blast!

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
A marauder would not touch a 540i, not even close

You missed the part about his marauder having 330hp/ 370tq. It shouldn't have a problem against a 540i.

Stock it'd be a different story. Magazines tested them in the mid 15s back when they were new. 305hp, similar tq, ~4000 pounds, highway rear gear: not a fast combo by today's standards. It'd still be a fun car to do a build on since the Panther platform is literally taxicab reliable. You could drive the shit out of it for 300k miles and it'd be easy and dirt cheap to repair. I'm guessing a 540i would cost at least double to keep as a daily, but it's a nicer car without question.

Anyhow, kudos for the random bump.

Tutti57

Ready to race!
E39 is one of my favorite cars ever. They are also on my short-list-that-changes-weekly.

Something about those big quick cars gets me fully aroused.