GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Adding OPS to mk5 that does not have factory PDC ?

f00kie

All went well except I just have been too lazy to take off front bar and mount sensor. currently using 4 sensor version of controller however all wires are run to the engine bay and switch, buzzers are in place.

Booba,

Will be doing this on my MK6. Where did you place the buzzers? Also, does the control unit go in the engine bay (I heard it's near the battery) or somewhere else?

Booba

Ready to race!
Not sure on mk6 placement. I placed by buzzer just behind the trim to the right of acellerator. the rear buzzer is in B pillar behind driver. not sure on control unit for mk6, mine is behind trim on right hand side of boot where the factory pdc control unit is for 2008+ vehicles with pdc. all wiring that i was supplied was long enough to reach up into the engine bay.

Booba,

Will be doing this on my MK6. Where did you place the buzzers? Also, does the control unit go in the engine bay (I heard it's near the battery) or somewhere else?

Scoot

After a fairly exhaustive search on the internet, I have found this thread to be the most useful for installation of OPS in a MkV car. I'm going to start a new thread as my issues are slightly different...

Scoot

Stylist07

Banned
Car(s)
MKV R32 DBP #1238
Jason, Booba, I was wondering if it is possible to install the PLA with the PDC on the MKV R32???

I know the ABS module has to be replace with the MK6 ABS but has anybody done this Mod yet??

Now that Carsystems has the MK6 Golf PLA / PDC Kits will they work well with the MKV R32 hardware??? Like with the Pins being in the right places as well as the Harness length and as so the Module working well with codding???

Anyhelp would be great guys, Sorry to wake this onld thread up but its a good one !!!!!!

Booba

Ready to race!
I have seen park assist installed in mkv jetta with no problems.

Stylist07

Banned
Car(s)
MKV R32 DBP #1238
I have seen park assist installed in mkv jetta with no problems.

do u know who has this installed???

do u know if they had to copy and paste the old ABS to the new ABS coding to get the PLA to work????

if so can u post a link please:w00t:

Stylist07

Banned
Car(s)
MKV R32 DBP #1238
Looks like most of the people who have done this are from over seas

Im sure its possible BUT i have not seen anybody do it as of yet

The OPS and PLA kit is like 500$ plus the cost of a new ABS Module and it need to be recoded to allow the PLA kit work together. No one has recoded the ABS module as of yet so lets see if anybody will step up??

I will but some one will need to donate me all the parts / kits :^)

vladone

Hello! I've installed an OPS kit on my 2010 PASSAT and encountered the same exact problems as TDI_DSG posted a couple of years ago at the beginning of this topic: OPS does not come up every time on the RCD510 screen and also the bellow error on vcds. Sorry for posting on a MKV forum, but is the only forum where i found the problem that i have and also seems that TDI_DSG found a solution for the OPS missing on the RCD510. Any advice or information related to this problem is highly appreciated. Many thanks!

1 Fault Found:
01312 - Powertrain Data Bus
004 - No Signal/Communication - Intermittent
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00100100
Fault Priority: 6
Fault Frequency: 4
Reset counter: 108
Mileage: 139583 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2000.00.00
Time: 12:12:52

Booba

Ready to race!
I don't remember which way around it is but you have hooked it up to the either switched power or always on power. just flick it over to the other and you will be good.

Hello! I've installed an OPS kit on my 2010 PASSAT and encountered the same exact problems as TDI_DSG posted a couple of years ago at the beginning of this topic: OPS does not come up every time on the RCD510 screen and also the bellow error on vcds. Sorry for posting on a MKV forum, but is the only forum where i found the problem that i have and also seems that TDI_DSG found a solution for the OPS missing on the RCD510. Any advice or information related to this problem is highly appreciated. Many thanks!

1 Fault Found:
01312 - Powertrain Data Bus
004 - No Signal/Communication - Intermittent
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00100100
Fault Priority: 6
Fault Frequency: 4
Reset counter: 108
Mileage: 139583 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2000.00.00
Time: 12:12:52