GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Got my dsg resetted.

TRmkvgti2007

Ready to race!
The DSG adaptation reset doesn't affect your ECU tune. Also, the Defined Test Drive is not a requirement, if you don't have time or the proper venue for it, the DSG will learn the adaptations during the course of your normal driving.

Good to know cause I wasted a 1/4 tank driving around at 3000 rpm in 4th gear and pissing off cars behind me lol. But this reset is a must if your dsg isn't shifting smooth. Also idk if some experienced this, but let's say your in P, you shift to D and let go of the brake, noise comes from the transmission. This reset made that noise go away.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

TRmkvgti2007

Ready to race!
Without the proper defined test drive afterwards, you may find the level of clutch adaptation may not be good as.

So I drove in 4th gear at around 3000 rpm for more than 5 min total, then 6th gear at 2500 rpm for more than 5 min total. I did the 0-60 in D, hard brake. I also drove around in 3rd gear at 3000 rpm for about 5 min, do you think I'm good to go or should I do more test drives?

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
You're good. There really is no penalty to not doing the entire Defined Test Drive since the adaptation phase isn't time-limited.

BurgerGuy

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'07 K04 GTI
So I drove in 4th gear at around 3000 rpm for more than 5 min total, then 6th gear at 2500 rpm for more than 5 min total. I did the 0-60 in D, hard brake. I also drove around in 3rd gear at 3000 rpm for about 5 min, do you think I'm good to go or should I do more test drives?

Anything that is not accomplished on the "test drive" will automatically complete during normal driving conditions. Just to be clear, however, the hard brake should be followed by a spirited to heavy acceleration. This, I'm fairly certain, is to check the oil return in the transmission. My Dad and I have both done this on our cars and it really helped make the transmission buttery smooth again.

i wanna reset mine my car has 147k an sometimes shifting is rough is their a possibly that due to resetting could mess up the mechantronic

Not if you follow the directions in the link above.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
ust to be clear, however, the hard brake should be followed by a spirited to heavy acceleration. This, I'm fairly certain, is to check the oil return in the transmission. My Dad and I have both done this on our cars and it really helped make the transmission buttery smooth again.

Not if you follow the directions in the link above.

I seems to me this is just something you check for, and not part of adaptation.

If you brake hard then punch it, and the car acts weird, then it seems you have a clogged oil line or passage. I would think you can do this anytime, to check your oil return. Of course, I wouldn't do it often, too hard on the brakes and trans.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
The Fed - Have you changed your DSG fluid/filter? Personally, I think the recommended 40k interval is way too long, especially since I'm tuned. I just did mine at 25k miles, and plan to stick to that interval. I can't honestly say if it was the fluid or adaptation since I did them together, but it did smooth things out.

New fluid vs. 25k miles:

And I think your oil looks good for 25K miles. You can still see the bottom of the cup. Ever see what the fluid looks like in a regular automatic after 25K?

petsy

Go Kart Champion
Just a small note, you should perform one sharp braking followed by a full throttle acceleration (oil return check) while in Drive, Not Tiptronic Mode.