GOLFMKV

The Golfmkv OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebornotaku

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Car(s)
2009 Rabbit 2.5 S
Got the rabbit washed on my lunch break. Dipshit detailers here at the dealer threw all the chamois in a pile on the ground so I guess my shit is just gonna dry in the sun and I'll deal with the water spots later. Got my wheels clean though so there's that I guess.

thebornotaku

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Car(s)
2009 Rabbit 2.5 S
There's that...? Brake dust kills man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

damn right it does. Brake dust is gnarly shit, especially long-term.

I reconditioned a set of MSW wheels on my old Volvo that looked like they hadn't been cleaned since the 80's. More Sonax than I can keep track of and many hours later, I got them looking decent. Took a little time to polish the lips and scrubbed in between the mesh spokes like crazy. Got the wheels looking damn good for how much I paid (nothing, zip, zilch, nada!). Then I sell the car and my buddy who bought it hasn't cleaned them since.

My Rabbit was in okay condition cosmetically but had all the dealership stickers and stuff on the windows. A little dirty inside, wheels needed cleaning too. The guys at the dealership didn't understand when I told them not to details it, and that I'd handle it myself. :lol:

All about not just cleaning, but protecting. I'm not terribly worried about the magny cours aside from appearances, protecting them for the long-term isn't that important because they won't be on the car more than a couple months longer. I'm gonna get some Alzor 640s, whatever those are a replica of. And see if I can get OE VW badges for the centers. Ballin on a budget. But those wheels I'll take care of, clean, wax, etc... regular wheel cleaner application and take them off for a complete decontamination every couple months.

Got my cargo cover in, the last one they sent me must have been a fuck-up because it was dirty and didn't have the net under it. The new one is pristine and has the net and isn't broken. So I'm happy there. Gonna throw a change of clothes in the cargo net so I always have it. Plus having my subs hidden is nice, especially without tinted windows.

Subie2013

Humble yourself
Yes and no. They say proof of buying oil and filters is not enough. They need something that has my vin # and date on it.
I took my car to get oil changes for this exact purpose.

But they got in my face for doing oil changes 4-5,000 miles instead of 3,700 miles. Said I used full synthetic every time. And they said it doesn't matter. Dafuq...

Good luck though man, that shit sucks.

HereticByDefault

Go Kart Champion
Blaine, is it the dealership or Toyota themselves that's denying your claim?

Status
Not open for further replies.