GOLFMKV

The Golfmkv OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
for 95% of people a 4 door hellcat would fly under the radar, and neither car on a legal road you are pushing to a fraction of their capability.

i park around the block.

got caught in the vette one day, was going to pick up money, get there, oh i havent gone to the atm yet, follow me there so i can go to work

motherfucker

Ninja edit lmao.

Yeah, you mentioned that the 320awhp of your lesbowagon is too much for the streets around you. I can't imagine 600whp lol.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Serious question Jeff. Which car is more capable at the track? Penismobile or Vette? I imagine your penismobile is, but only because you have more money dedicated to it and stickier tires.

Unless the track(s) by you are really small. Then I could see less power being more useful.

hairyblackrabbit

Powerful like a gorilla
Serious question Jeff. Which car is more capable at the track? Penismobile or Vette? I imagine your penismobile is, but only because you have more money dedicated to it and stickier tires.

Unless the track(s) by you are really small. Then I could see less power being more useful.

not an apples to apples comparison

vette is a base c5, on mpss tires, z06 struts and sways, z06 transmission, bit better clutch and slightly lighter flywheel, and better seats.

for the <4k i have in it its a hell of a car, its pretty much impossible to have a better car for 4k, but the car itself was essentially free because of my fathers health.

penismobile has the blower, kwv3, sways, caster adding strut mounts, performance alignment, track brakes and pads, etc etc. Obviously has way way more sunk into it.

On the basis of oil cooling alone the penismobile trumps the vette, let alone the braking situation.

After a couple autox runs the oil temps on the vette start making you cry, I wouldn't dare run a track session on it as it sits. The penismobile with the coolant loop (oem sti) oil cooler i added gets high, but its borderline high for a 20+ minute session, and is perfect for autox.

That said, you start the slippery vette slope of mods and that gap would get closed up real fast. The formula for tits retarded incredible vette is out there and long established. The penismobiles really are still being pushed and grown on that end. Theres not many shops really pushing the envelope of high end track use with them and posting about it except maybe element tuning, and they've had significant oiling issues and gone through some major hurdles/catastrophes.

plus the steering rack on the vette feels like you're the captain of a whaling ship throwing the wheel back and forth.

guy thats consistently in the running for ftd at the local non scca events with his heavily modified vette uses a small steering wheel.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
not an apples to apples comparison

vette is a base c5, on mpss tires, z06 struts and sways, z06 transmission, bit better clutch and slightly lighter flywheel, and better seats.

for the <4k i have in it its a hell of a car, its pretty much impossible to have a better car for 4k, but the car itself was essentially free because of my fathers health.

penismobile has the blower, kwv3, sways, caster adding strut mounts, performance alignment, track brakes and pads, etc etc. Obviously has way way more sunk into it.

On the basis of oil cooling alone the penismobile trumps the vette, let alone the braking situation.

After a couple autox runs the oil temps on the vette start making you cry, I wouldn't dare run a track session on it as it sits. The penismobile with the coolant loop (oem sti) oil cooler i added gets high, but its borderline high for a 20+ minute session, and is perfect for autox.

That said, you start the slippery vette slope of mods and that gap would get closed up real fast.

But the steering rack still feels like you're the captain of a whaling ship throwing the wheel back and forth.

guy thats consistently in the running for ftd at the local non scca events with his heavily modified vette uses a small steering wheel.

Haha fair enough. I definitely laughed at your analogy of the steering rack like a whaling ship.

So, brakes, smaller steering wheel, and upgraded cooling alone could close the gap quickly. What do guys upgrade to, first gen CTS-V Brembo's? Surprisingly, they're fairly inexpensive. I've seen the front calipers and the carriers for less than $1000. I can't imagine the rotors are too much.

hairyblackrabbit

Powerful like a gorilla
i'd start with good pads and fluid tbh. with good pads, fluid and an oil cooler i wouldn't be against tracking it, but its non staggered wheels wouldn't agree with my jew sentiments, especially with one car allready ready and usable.

the vette actually has ducting into the front wheel wells. Its a car that came from the factory with a lot of power and serious underpinnings,

the penismobile was made for a mid 20k pricepoint and showboat intentions.

really get underneath the two and compare they're just on a different level from eachother in terms of bones

that said the c5 chassis is like a limp noodle at times even on uneven road surfaces, but theres ways to address that cheap

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
i'd start with good pads and fluid tbh. with good pads, fluid and an oil cooler i wouldn't be against tracking it, but its non staggered wheels wouldn't agree with my jew sentiments, especially with one car allready ready and usable.

the vette actually has ducting into the front wheel wells. Its a car that came from the factory with a lot of power and serious underpinnings,

really get underneath the two and compare they're just on a different level from eachother in terms of bones

that said the c5 chassis is like a limp noodle at times even on uneven road surfaces, but theres ways to address that cheap

Very true. Dammit. Not helping me a bit lol.

thebornotaku

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Car(s)
2009 Rabbit 2.5 S

Well yeah, it's the difference between a real sportscar, even an aging one, and a cheap sport compact.

I've been impressed with the level of engineering even in older Vettes like C4s and C5s. When I first popped the hood on a C4 at Pepboys to do an oil change, I was pretty damn surprised that it had that caliber of suspension and powertrain in the 80's.

Kurupt

low
Car(s)
Jeep
Doing great, back home till end of december and trying to do some winter maintenance done on the s2k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kurupt

low
Car(s)
Jeep
Also been stocking up on tools because i asked for a full craftsmen toolbox for xmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.