GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

US R32???

z3speed4me

Go Kart Champion
IS it going to come to america...i want to order my gti in a couple weeks, i just wanna know if the r32 is commin here, bc i would def opt and buy one, anyone have ANY info at all on this, ive heard yes, ive heard no bc the mk4 didnt do to well...just wondering what the deal is...

JJ-R32

Administrator
Staff member
z3speed4me said:
IS it going to come to america...i want to order my gti in a couple weeks, i just wanna know if the r32 is commin here, bc i would def opt and buy one, anyone have ANY info at all on this, ive heard yes, ive heard no bc the mk4 didnt do to well...just wondering what the deal is...

Unfortunately nobody knows for sure :iono: Anything anyone will tell you is pretty much speculation at this point.

z3speed4me

Go Kart Champion
i just read this

In fact, the R32 isn’t scheduled to be sold in the North America at all. In its place will be the Mk5 R36, powered by a 300bhp version of the B6 Passat’s 3.6-litre VR6 FSI. Not only that, but by the time it arrives on your side of the pond in 2007, the price will have dropped to a far more reasonable $30,000 or thereabouts for the manual, non-DSG model.

from here..... http://www.vwvortex.com/artman/publish/printer_1569.shtml

JJ-R32

Administrator
Staff member
z3speed4me said:
i just read this

In fact, the R32 isn’t scheduled to be sold in the North America at all. In its place will be the Mk5 R36, powered by a 300bhp version of the B6 Passat’s 3.6-litre VR6 FSI. Not only that, but by the time it arrives on your side of the pond in 2007, the price will have dropped to a far more reasonable $30,000 or thereabouts for the manual, non-DSG model.

from here..... http://www.vwvortex.com/artman/publish/printer_1569.shtml

That's written in October of last year. I've read the threads on Tex about this and there's just no official word of whether or not there will be an R32 or an R36. :frown:

Sauceboy01

Touring Car Newbie
Well, i would make an educated guess that they would bring over the R36 to compete with the likes of the EVO and the STi.. well at least if i was VW that's what i would do.

Otherwise, it looks like we'll be waiting for a bit...

Herby

Autocross Newbie
I've heard something along the lines of there NOT being an R32 sent, but an R36 will. At the SEMA show that passed in December, VW presented an R line of cars as well with twin turbo VR6 motors in a jetta and a passat i believe it was...people are hoping it means VW will finally enter the aftermarket parts scene...but everything is just speculation and rumor at this point.

Also, only 5,000 MKIV R32's were sent to the US and from what I've heard and read (forgot which magazine, sorry) all of them were sold...

Sauceboy01

Touring Car Newbie
Well honestly the R32's didn't sell to well, so i'm guessing that took part in the shortage of imported R32's. The performance compared to the Money just didn't make sense compared to the competition out there...

no offense btw.

Sauceboy01

Touring Car Newbie
marcinek said:
You live in America...you should know that people here pay RIDICULOUS amounts for their cars...:thumbdown:

What are you talking about? we actually get a fairly good deal for our cars compared to others out there!

I've heard of GTI's selling in the UK for the likes of $36,000 converted to US

GTI2007

Sauceboy01 said:
What are you talking about? we actually get a fairly good deal for our cars compared to others out there!

I've heard of GTI's selling in the UK for the likes of $36,000 converted to US

In Belgium, where I live, a standard 3 doors GTI already costs 25,300 € or converted to US something like 30,000 $. And then you call America expensive :rolleyes:

Sauceboy01

Touring Car Newbie
GTI2007 said:
In Belgium, where I live, a standard 3 doors GTI already costs 25,300 € or converted to US something like 30,000 $. And then you call America expensive :rolleyes:

I never said anything about America being expensive.. I just thought the R32 was a rip off at $32k when i could buy an STi for the same price with much better performance!

GTI2007

Sauceboy01 said:
I never said anything about America being expensive.. I just thought the R32 was a rip off at $32k when i could buy an STi for the same price with much better performance!

It is just that you pay a lot of money for any Volkswagen, not necessary the R32