GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wow blind spot

Sinjin

Rally Car Newbie
Anyone else having a tough time with the HUGH blind spot in the GTI? I almost ran over a guy last night. It was scarry. I normally do the head turn, but for some reason I just scooted over. Is there anything that can help? Rearview mirrors or something? I do not want to die or worse hurt my beloved GTI! :thumbup:

bilbos

On the Kop
I know what you mean. With such big chunky pillars you need to make doubly sure before you change lanes. I was hoping that VW would build the blind spot mirror into the wing mirrors like they do on the Audis (in Europe at least) but alas it wasn't to be.

Tricky

Autocross Newbie

Parrothead

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
yep first day I had the car i went to switch lanes, only to find out there was another car there already... so he went into the grass... heh.. i felt like an idiot

i've made sure to break my neck looking back, since then...

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
there is a site that has the actual OEM VAG ones...and i actually think they are cheaper....i cant find the site but i know i saw them somewhere else

anyways...i really havent had a problem with the blinds spots....but then again im constantly looking around and knowing whats around me at all times....but if i start having problem i may look into a set of these for my ride

davis_grad

Touring Car Champion
Yeah, therre is a huge bllind spot, I almost sidwiped a guy first day I had the car. And then, there was the cop riding in my blind spot one day . . . . lucky I saw him at the last moment . . .

I keeep my left mirror pointed at the blind spot, which will have to do untill I can add a convex mirror . . .

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
Freek said:
there is a site that has the actual OEM VAG ones...and i actually think they are cheaper....i cant find the site but i know i saw them somewhere else

anyways...i really havent had a problem with the blinds spots....but then again im constantly looking around and knowing whats around me at all times....but if i start having problem i may look into a set of these for my ride

EDIT: i found the site for the OEM mirrors...but they are about 30$ more...but this site u can actually buy each mirror separately...incase u only want the drivers side...here is the link ECS tuning

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Do you just pull to get em off? Or do you have to dismantle the mirror? Any DIY threads on this anywhere?

dennykrane

Autocross Champion
Freek said:
EDIT: i found the site for the OEM mirrors...but they are about 30$ more...but this site u can actually buy each mirror separately...incase u only want the drivers side...here is the link ECS tuning
the more expensive ones you found arer heated. does anyone know if the blue ones from oem are heated?

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
It says they are compatable with heated systems.