GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmkv OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
So the whole thing was just a PR stunt and he's still The Stig?

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
So the whole thing was just a PR stunt and he's still The Stig?

No way, The style of driving changed after the ben collins incident. Whoever the last stig was was probably a WRC driver. Thats been my guess.

Also, i DOUBT this will be the end of the trio. Theres already talks with Sky for them to go to. Possibly not even be a car show.

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
No way, The style of driving changed after the ben collins incident. Whoever the last stig was was probably a WRC driver. Thats been my guess.

Also, i DOUBT this will be the end of the trio. Theres already talks with Sky for them to go to. Possibly not even be a car show.

They will all be back on TV soon.

Netflix has a big offer in the ring for the trio as well.

K03

Ridiculous.
Car(s)
MK5 GTI
Based on his driving style I'm guessing he's asian

lmao

In other news, I recently bought a set of LM's and I had to change something with the faces, im reusing the factory bolts and im not sure how much old locktite is acceptable within the threads. I tried everything to get the old stuff off but theres nothing thats going to get it out of there.

I did read somewhere that it was fine to have a bit of old locktite within the thread valleys as long as you used locktite again when you reuse said bolt.

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
lmao

In other news, I recently bought a set of LM's and I had to change something with the faces, im reusing the factory bolts and im not sure how much old locktite is acceptable within the threads. I tried everything to get the old stuff off but theres nothing thats going to get it out of there.

I did read somewhere that it was fine to have a bit of old locktite within the thread valleys as long as you used locktite again when you reuse said bolt.

Yeah no worries, just re locktite it you'll be fine.

thebornotaku

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Car(s)
2009 Rabbit 2.5 S
"built" an intake.

by that I mean I stuck a pipe and a filter on my throttle body. Don't know why people pay $300 for something like this.

thebornotaku

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Car(s)
2009 Rabbit 2.5 S
On a subaru that would never work, instant limp mode. Car probably wouldn't even run for more then 3-4 seconds before shutting off.

That's retarded.

On the Volvo it would be the same story if you didn't accomdoate for the MAF. I built a super budgety intake for that car which was made out of an old Blitz filter for an Evo, some sheetmetal, screws and silicone sealant. It worked but didn't really change much.

On the Mk5 it sounds fuckin' rad, at WOT it grows like hell but it's still sedate at part throttle.

Subie2013

Humble yourself
That's retarded.

On the Volvo it would be the same story if you didn't accomdoate for the MAF. I built a super budgety intake for that car which was made out of an old Blitz filter for an Evo, some sheetmetal, screws and silicone sealant. It worked but didn't really change much.

On the Mk5 it sounds fuckin' rad, at WOT it grows like hell but it's still sedate at part throttle.
Ya, it's pretty crazy. If you buy a AEM intake and tune for a COBB intake it'll throw your car into limp mode as well. Have to run the correct program for each intake.

JanK

WilltherealFLATTIREplease
Car(s)
09' MkV GTI
"built" an intake.

by that I mean I stuck a pipe and a filter on my throttle body. Don't know why people pay $300 for something like this.

Because some companies properly engineer their intakes so that the air flow is not restricting nor hindering performance, but no company (probably) does that for the mkv.

There's much more in an intake system than you think.

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
Because some companies properly engineer their intakes so that the air flow is not restricting nor hindering performance, but no company (probably) does that for the mkv.

There's much more in an intake system than you think.

People dont understand when I tell them they are probably loosing HP when they stick those "filter on a stick" intakes on their cars.

The engine was designed with the OEM intake in mind, when you start changing shit that's not properly engineered who knows what you're doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.