GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmkv OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
I think it sucked more if for no other reason than communication back home isn't always guaranteed. We'd go weeks sometimes without contacting our families/friends. Either because we were outside the wire or there was a power/service blackout or purposefully to control the flow of information leaving the area.

Other than that I'd almost argue it was easier because frankly when you work 15 months straight 16+ hrs a day, you don't have any time to give a fuck about anything other than sleep and food and nobody else aside from the guys you are stuck there with.

Yeah I would agree that being busy to the point of exhaustion will keep your mind off things.

Callsign_Jester

traction is for pussies

K03

Ridiculous.
Car(s)
MK5 GTI
Hows everyone been, sortof surprised to see so many of you still lurking around the mk5 forum.

The UK has a much better school system imo. Plus the school she's going to is ranked 4th in the world.

Long distance is the hardest f*cking thing ever.

Best of luck if you try the long distance option. I live in NY and had a girlfriend back home in Bosnia and regardless of how much we skyped it inevitably began to split at the seems. Not to say it never works but I haven't had success with it, granted I'm an asshole..

Last edited:

das_fast

Blaine Likes Men
it is as hard as you make it.

first two years in the AF, i saw my wife once every 8 months. got to talk every other day or so.

only thing i can add is, no trust = no relationship

been going on 10 years now.

Austin_hull

Für Die Liebe Des Autos
Car(s)
MK5 TR GTI REVO// +

Lol....Cody...you just like stirring the pot, don't you?

Alzheimer's!

I was gonna say that maybe some members have been hacked, because Belmin posted a thread called "Kim K Nudes Inside" in the Wheel/Suspension/Etc. Forum.....but then I clicked the thread, and realized that The Fed is just old....

Indubitably.

Fucking awesome word. :thumbsup:

How's everyone been? sort _ of surprised to see so many of you still lurking around the mk5 forum...I'm an asshole...

Oh hai Belmin....

Fixed your punctuation for you! :wub:

K03

Ridiculous.
Car(s)
MK5 GTI

first two years in the AF, i saw my wife once every 8 months. got to talk every other day or so.

I couldn't agree more as far as trust is concerned. That being said couples who've been together for a while, as I assume you where since you where married at the time, have a much better chance at making a long distance relationship work compared to a couple that's only been together for a year or couple months. But again, that doesn't mean it's not possible, as you said it's just difficult.

kdisjubjub

shhh I'm hunting wabbits
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
Chicks dig euro accents

Youre fucked

My condolences

She's Latvian and doesn't care for European guys so it's chill haha.

FTFY Jeff.

I think it sucked more if for no other reason than communication back home isn't always guaranteed. We'd go weeks sometimes without contacting our families/friends. Either because we were outside the wire or there was a power/service blackout or purposefully to control the flow of information leaving the area.

Other than that I'd almost argue it was easier because frankly when you work 15 months straight 16+ hrs a day, you don't have any time to give a fuck about anything other than sleep and food and nobody else aside from the guys you are stuck there with.

Yeah that would be the worst. Luckily we have skype and iMessage and a ton of other things we can use on the regular. We try to skype every day but it gets difficult with time difference, especially on my side.

Yeah that's true too. I'm a full time college student and I own a company so I don't have time during the weeks as is. It's still hard though.

Hows everyone been, sortof surprised to see so many of you still lurking around the mk5 forum.

Best of luck if you try the long distance option. I live in NY and had a girlfriend back home in Bosnia and regardless of how much we skyped it inevitably began to split at the seems. Not to say it never works but I haven't had success with it, granted I'm an asshole..

Thank you. I'm definitely going to do what I can to close the distance

I definitely learned that quick. It's the most important part.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
FML it's Monday.

At least you guys didn't have snow and incompetent drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.