GOLFMKV

The Golfmkv OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Austin_hull

Für Die Liebe Des Autos
Car(s)
MK5 TR GTI REVO// +
Why Europe over North America (for school)?

Because why not? America sucks sometimes....

Don't get me wrong, our freedom is great, and I wouldn't trade it for the world, but I would rather go to Europe for education than go through the US's shitty system....

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!

Don't get me wrong, our freedom is great, and I wouldn't trade it for the world, but I would rather go to Europe for education than go through the US's shitty system....

I don't disagree. Depends widely on field. I can't imagine a long distance relationship of any kind. I'd never do it.

Austin_hull

Für Die Liebe Des Autos
Car(s)
MK5 TR GTI REVO// +
I don't disagree. Depends widely on field. I can't imagine a long distance relationship of any kind. I'd never do it.

:word:

I hear ya. I couldn't do it either....but it works out really well for some people..again, idk how...

kdisjubjub

shhh I'm hunting wabbits
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
Why Europe over North America (for school)?

The UK has a much better school system imo. Plus the school she's going to is ranked 4th in the world.

This ^

I'm thinking about going to Kings college in London for business just because they're program is a lot more attractive than the ones here.

Long distance is the hardest f*cking thing ever.

:word:

I hear ya. I couldn't do it either....but it works out really well for some people..again, idk how...

It takes a lot of trust and patience. We're both lucky enough to be able to afford to see each other about every three months so that makes it more doable. But right now the distance is set for 4 years unless I go to school there..

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
If you're serious about the girl... Like ring serious move there. That's way to long IMO. But if you think you guys can do it then good luck and more power to ya!

Subie2013

Humble yourself
I've done long distance, and when I say long distance I mean like a couple hundred miles, not couple thousand.

But to only get to see your gf when time allows is rough. Never will I do that again, not even worth it.

Last edited:

kdisjubjub

shhh I'm hunting wabbits
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
If you're serious about the girl... Like ring serious move there. That's way to long IMO. But if you think you guys can do it then good luck and more power to ya!

Yeah it is. I definitely want to close the distance as soon as possible. So depending on how these next two weeks there are I might consider going to business school there.

I've done long distance, and when I say long distance I mean like a couple hundred miles, not couple thousand.

But to only get to see your gf when time allows is rough. Never will do that again, not even worth it.

Yeah 4k miles is not fun. Plus the 8 hour time difference.

Callsign_Jester

traction is for pussies
Done long distance twice while deployed. My advice?

Callsign_Jester

traction is for pussies
It's gotta be even worse if you're gone on military service.

I think it sucked more if for no other reason than communication back home isn't always guaranteed. We'd go weeks sometimes without contacting our families/friends. Either because we were outside the wire or there was a power/service blackout or purposefully to control the flow of information leaving the area.

Other than that I'd almost argue it was easier because frankly when you work 15 months straight 16+ hrs a day, you don't have any time to give a fuck about anything other than sleep and food and nobody else aside from the guys you are stuck there with.

Status
Not open for further replies.