GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sprint Booster

MexFast

In GTI learning curve
Car(s)
TR 2007 GTI
Hi you all!!

I found this little device and they say its great, i was wondering if any of you already has it and if you do what are your comments?

http://www.sprintbooster.gr/en/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Spri...597QQitemZ300092434333QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

Function
The Sprint Booster might very well be the “smartest” gadget on your car.

It is a device that improves acceleration by continuously measuring and converting the digital signal provided by the ECT’s potentiometer, and providing the ECM with a new and altered signal.

What is Sprintbooster
Automobiles in the 21st century have replaced the more conventional throttle cable technology for an ECM (Electronic Control Module) that translates pedal travel into electronic signals in order to provide power to the wheels.
The ECT system (Electronic Throttle Control) – also known as drive-by-wire – has the unfortunate downside of delayed throttle response and subdued acceleration, creating problems in certain circumstances such as up-hill starts, quick gearchanges, overtaking, etc.

The Sprint Booster aims to overcome this throttle response delay for ECT-equipped vehicles, providing crisp on-tap acceleration at the driver’s disposal.

Last edited:

agpatel

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI MkV
hmm idk...i have not seen any lag in the drive by wire system in our cars, i know i can tell a little lag in my pathfinder (03) but have not had any problems with the gti's

Also i have never seen any sort of product like this before...

MexFast

In GTI learning curve
Car(s)
TR 2007 GTI
hmm idk...i have not seen any lag in the drive by wire system in our cars, i know i can tell a little lag in my pathfinder (03) but have not had any problems with the gti's

Also i have never seen any sort of product like this before...

I have read all the coments on many forums and they say its a killer product, i'm trying to contact the dealer in Mexico to see if we can make a demo test drive to see how it works

grasshopper

Frankie Says Reflex
Car(s)
Jeep Wrangler JK
It is a device that improves acceleration by continuously measuring and converting the digital signal provided by the ECT’s potentiometer, and providing the ECM with a new and altered signal.
Seems eerily similar to the "chips" on ebay which alter the MAF signal with a simple resistor.

It may actually work without detriment, but it sure as HELL ain't worth $280. Any lag on this car is closer to the $10-20 range, if that.

adliz

poisoned
sprint boosters are a big hit here in malaysia and spore! Basically it's a simple device....a piece of wire with small gadget installed in the e-throttle system of the car (which is just behind the throttle pedal)

It sorts of accentuates the ease of pedal travel. In layman terms, instead of your foot pressing 1cm to make the car moves, you probably need like half cm to do the same.

As for my car, it almost feels like the Sport Mode (on bmws) button being activated, giving the throttle input alot more sensitive and responsive at any given rpm. It doesn't affect rpm at idling.

Max power is the same.. ie no hp increase.. not advisable for chipped cars.. it'll be jerky and ull need to modulate the pedal travel more precisely..

grasshopper

Frankie Says Reflex
Car(s)
Jeep Wrangler JK
Sounds like a simple logic circuit like "input x 1.5 = output".

I'm still confused though, 'cos if all it does is speed up the signal... why not just push your foot down faster?? There's no way this product can affect actual throttle lag which is a product of the ECM's programming deciding that it is not ready to do what you want yet.

GolfRS

Banned
This part is made in Greece by a local manufacturer that holds the patent for it.

Its a TB signal interceptor, and its purpose is to alter the signal going from the ECU to the TB.

Some say (although i have yet to see proof of that...as in VAG COM proof) that it opens the TB at near WOT when stepping on the gas pedal even with the smaller of forces, which causes a rapid reaction of the engine.

I have had it in my Polo in the past, and it does work, although it causes a lot of wheelspin at launch, but keeps the revs up at gear changes (the car doesn't bog down much).

My only thought about putting it in the Gti is the complexity of the engine, and the fact there is no talk of a guarantee it won't go bust while you are trying to overtake..........:eek: :eek:

slickvic

I scare other drivers
Yeah, but this one goes to number 11.....

sprint boosters are a big hit here in malaysia and spore!
It sort of accentuates the ease of pedal travel. In layman terms, instead of your foot pressing 1cm to make the car moves, you probably need like half cm to do the same.

Oh, so this one goes to number 11?

(Sorry, a bit of spinal tap humor) :evil:

fer

But, do it works? I know will be 200 USD for almost nothing but my GTI when its stopped it has a big delay to accelerate, im just trying to avoid that.